British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I thought he was a nice guy.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-thought-he-nice-guy-772930/)

britexpat76 Sep 27th 2012 7:59 am

I thought he was a nice guy....

This goes to show that you cant trust people with beards.

On a side point maybe he should relocate to Egypt where I am sure he would be greeted as a hero........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...urt-hears.html

UKCityGent Sep 27th 2012 8:37 am

Re: I thought he was a nice guy....

He has lost a lot of weight and looks totally different

auzdafluff Sep 27th 2012 8:59 am

I'm good friends with Anna and have been for more than six years. I used to think JLC was a really nice guy and the one or two times I met him, he appeared to be fine.

However, when we started finding out what he got up to behind closed doors, my opinion of him changed.

Anna's had a troubled life, and I always got the impression that she had hoped by dating him it would provide some level of stability. She really is a lovely person who really has just had a rotten roll of luck.

I really can't wait to see him get his just desserts. His career being left in tatters would be the least that should happen to this horrible, horrible person.

Note to all journalists who might come across this – I explicitly do not give permission for these comments to be used either attributed to me (either by my username or real name) or anonymously, in any form of media or through through any channel, including but not restricted to broadcast, print, or digital dissemination. I am a former journalist myself so I know what the rules are. Do not push your luck, because I will take you to court over it.

britexpat76 Sep 27th 2012 9:06 am

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 10302474)
I'm good friends with Anna and have been for more than six years. I used to think JLC was a really nice guy and the one or two times I met him, he appeared to be fine.

However, when we started finding out what he got up to behind closed doors, my opinion of him changed.

Anna's had a troubled life, and I always got the impression that she had hoped by dating him it would provide some level of stability. She really is a lovely person who really has just had a rotten roll of luck.

I really can't wait to see him get his just desserts. His career being left in tatters would be the least that should happen to this horrible, horrible person.

Note to all journalists who might come across this – I explicitly do not give permission for these comments to be used either attributed to me (either by my username or real name) or anonymously, in any form of media or through through any channel, including but not restricted to broadcast, print, or digital dissemination. I am a former journalist myself so I know what the rules are. Do not push your luck, because I will take you to court over it.

Surprised she stuck around so long to be fair. Great actor to hide that side of his persona from the public - His ex wife must be very forgiving (Or previously a virgin who walks with her head looking at the floor)

auzdafluff Sep 27th 2012 9:17 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10302484)
Surprised she stuck around so long to be fair. Great actor to hide that side of his persona from the public - His ex wife must be very forgiving (Or previously a virgin who walks with her head looking at the floor)

I know what you mean. But I've been in an abusive relationship myself (my ex-fianceé used to hit me – which as a guy being beaten up by a girl, I found very hard to talk about – she was a black belt by the way), so I can know how powerful hope can be in terms of blinding you to the reality of the situation.

Note to journalists: Same rules as above apply to this and all subsequent posts I make in this thread.

mentalist Sep 27th 2012 11:59 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10302380)
This goes to show that you cant trust people with beards. On a side point maybe he should relocate to Egypt where I am sure he would be greeted as a hero........
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...urt-hears.html

Personally I found the article about Kylie Minogue (linked on the same page) much more revealing.:wub:

Jammy_Dodgers Sep 27th 2012 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 10302504)
I know what you mean. But I've been in an abusive relationship myself (my ex-fianceé used to hit me – which as a guy being beaten up by a girl, I found very hard to talk about – she was a black belt by the way), so I can know how powerful hope can be in terms of blinding you to the reality of the situation.

Note to journalists: Same rules as above apply to this and all subsequent posts I make in this thread.

Are you still a journalist in Dubai now??

auzdafluff Sep 27th 2012 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 10302904)
Are you still a journalist in Dubai now??

No. I managed to get out of the field. There are so many things wrong with it right now, I really don't know how it's going to be fixed.

britexpat76 Sep 27th 2012 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 10302947)
No. I managed to get out of the field. There are so many things wrong with it right now, I really don't know how it's going to be fixed.

Dubai or Journalism !?

K Gun Sep 27th 2012 2:03 pm

“Unprotected sex on a train, with different ethnicities, blacks, chinks, mixed race, prostitutes, threesomes"

A little advice ladies.. Don't tell your husbands about things like this. Just keep it to yourselves. Lesbian affaires are fine but threesomes with "blacks and chinks"? Ah, no

auzdafluff Sep 27th 2012 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10302966)
Dubai or Journalism !?

Journalism; but the problems that everyone around the globe are facing are exacerbated in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

kittycat1 Sep 28th 2012 6:58 am

[QUOTE]Surprised she stuck around so long to be fair. Great actor to hide that side of his persona from the public - His ex wife must be very forgiving (Or previously a virgin who walks with her head looking at the floor)/QUOTE]

People are rarely what they seem. And you'd be surprised at how many women(and men) stay in abusive relationships, their self esteem is pummeled til its at zero level, they feel worthless and that they are lucky to have such a caring partner- often after giving a good beating an abusive partner will make it up to the other as they really do love them just oh so much. Most physically abusive partners are incredibly manipulative emotionally as well.

auzdafluff Sep 28th 2012 7:17 am

[QUOTE=kittycat1;10304114]

Surprised she stuck around so long to be fair. Great actor to hide that side of his persona from the public - His ex wife must be very forgiving (Or previously a virgin who walks with her head looking at the floor)/QUOTE]

People are rarely what they seem. And you'd be surprised at how many women(and men) stay in abusive relationships, their self esteem is pummeled til its at zero level, they feel worthless and that they are lucky to have such a caring partner- often after giving a good beating an abusive partner will make it up to the other as they really do love them just oh so much. Most physically abusive partners are incredibly manipulative emotionally as well.
Having been in that situation, everything Kitty said is correct. I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 28th 2012 8:02 am

Meh. It's nobody else's business.

For all you know she could have been lumping him and doing the same things.

Nobody can be sure what goes on in a relationship unless they're in it.

kittycat1 Sep 28th 2012 8:08 am

[QUOTE][Scamp

Nobody can be sure what goes on in a relationship unless they're in it.QUOTE]

OO scamp you sound so naive sometimes- you say that when you see your mum with a black eye or your sister with slit wrists as she feels so alone and has tried to kill herself or your granny black and blue. Domestic abuse goes on because people choose to ignore it and are ashamed to admit its happening to them.

Sometimes the right thing to do is hard, ie asking someone if they need help and helping to give them options.

commander Sep 28th 2012 9:01 am

[QUOTE=kittycat1;10304179]

[Scamp

OO scamp you sound so naive sometimes- you say that when you see your mum with a black eye or your sister with slit wrists as she feels so alone and has tried to kill herself or your granny black and blue. Domestic abuse goes on because people choose to ignore it and are ashamed to admit its happening to them.

Sometimes the right thing to do is hard, ie asking someone if they need help and helping to give them options.
You are not wrong Kitty but neither is scamp. She could have been a right twat also behind closed doors. Unless you are involved, you don't know the full story. I went out with a nutjob when I was in my early twenties, she used to kick off at anything when she had drunk too much. One day I was speaking to a schoolpal (female) in a bar and the ex went to the bar, bought a whisky and then walked up to me and threw it in my eyes. Wouldn't have minded but I hate whisky. She also walked into my parents house one night (I was sat watching TV with my dad) and she had it in her head I was cheating on her. She walked into the livingroom and punched me in the jaw. It wasn't funny, she had a mean left hook. We split up after that lol. I had told my parents many times that she was a bit of a loose cannon, but it took something happening right in front of them to realise she was complete nutter material and had to go.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 28th 2012 9:34 am

[QUOTE=kittycat1;10304179]

[Scamp

Not in this case.

In this case they are in court. It's got nothing to do with anyone else but them now.

kittycat1 Sep 28th 2012 9:48 am

[QUOTE]Not in this case.

In this case they are in court. It's got nothing to do with anyone else but them now./QUOTE]

ok i wa stalking in general not about this specific case

The Dean Sep 28th 2012 2:30 pm

This thread has become very serious............ this means it is inappropriate to point out that Collins must have been having A Larke............... :o

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 28th 2012 4:51 pm

[QUOTE=kittycat1;10304251]

Not in this case.

In this case they are in court. It's got nothing to do with anyone else but them now./QUOTE]

ok i wa stalking in general not about this specific case
Agree with you in a more general sense completely.

The Dean Sep 28th 2012 6:03 pm

I see your Justin Lee Collins, and I raise you a Jimmy Saville............ :ohmy:

http://yiannopoulos.net/2011/10/29/j...start-talking/

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ji...s-8189637.html

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 28th 2012 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10304807)
I see your Justin Lee Collins, and I raise you a Jimmy Saville............ :ohmy:

I thought that was common knowledge?

OleJanx Sep 28th 2012 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10304807)

Nice comment from the first one:" More 'sources' than Heinz! what a load of bollocks!" Well said, that man!:thumbup:

The Dean Sep 28th 2012 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10304830)

Knew about the Jersey connection, but not the details about the girls.......

Meow Sep 29th 2012 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10304830)

It has been for many, many years. Boys as well as girls.

britexpat76 Oct 10th 2012 10:21 am

Guilty !

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/tvs-col...131728806.html