Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I think I have Insomnia

I think I have Insomnia

Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:17 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think I have Insomnia

Lately I just haven't been sleeping at all, I quit my last job at the beginning of September due to getting a better one and hating what I was doins and did nothing for a week or so. Whilst Visa's and stuff were being sorted I went back to the UK for 2 weeks and ever since i've come back I haven't had a good nights sleep.

I tend to stay up and watch movies or tv and when I try and sleep I can't, I just lie in bed listening to the aircon and tossing and turning, eventually I will fall asleep about 4 or 5am.

Then I end up sleeping til about 2pm, it has been 4pm sometimes and get up and do it all again. I tried staying up all night and the next day, fell asleep at 10am etc etc yadda yadda. It's a bloody never ending circle.

Anyways I start my new job next week and am really worried that I won't be able to get up at 7am and get back in to the routine.

It's driving me f**king nuts!! :curse:

As you can probably guess it is 3:17am now and I couldn't sleep!

Bison
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:58 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I think I have Insomnia

Try only getting a few hour sleep, get up at 7am regardless of when you went to sleep and force yourself to adjust .

If that doesn't work call your girlfriend and ask her how her day has been, that always makes me sleepy .
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I have Insomnia

Originally Posted by Bison
Lately I just haven't been sleeping at all, I quit my last job at the beginning of September due to getting a better one and hating what I was doins and did nothing for a week or so. Whilst Visa's and stuff were being sorted I went back to the UK for 2 weeks and ever since i've come back I haven't had a good nights sleep.

I tend to stay up and watch movies or tv and when I try and sleep I can't, I just lie in bed listening to the aircon and tossing and turning, eventually I will fall asleep about 4 or 5am.

Then I end up sleeping til about 2pm, it has been 4pm sometimes and get up and do it all again. I tried staying up all night and the next day, fell asleep at 10am etc etc yadda yadda. It's a bloody never ending circle.

Anyways I start my new job next week and am really worried that I won't be able to get up at 7am and get back in to the routine.

It's driving me f**king nuts!! :curse:

As you can probably guess it is 3:17am now and I couldn't sleep!

Bison
Join the club.
Luckily for you,you are probably just having a bad few weeks.
Like C says...get up at 7am and go to bed at the time you usually went when you were sleeping normally...it will soon kick in.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I had this when I came back from the UK last week.

I had about an hours sleep on Sat night, but set my alarm for 6am. Got up and forced myself to stay awake all day, went to bed at 9.30pm last night and had the best sleep for a long time. Felt much better today.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Take to wanking ..hourly ...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:18 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Try only getting a few hour sleep, get up at 7am regardless of when you went to sleep and force yourself to adjust .

If that doesn't work call your girlfriend and ask her how her day has been, that always makes me sleepy .
What you doing calling his girlfriend? Secret is two bottles of wine and six sleeping pills....then you won't need to call other peoples girlfriends.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Take to wanking ..hourly ...
He already said he was tossing and turning.............
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
He already said he was tossing and turning.............
Too much turning and not enough tossing then ...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Too much turning and not enough tossing then ...
I used to suffer from insomnia.............

........... but I never lost any sleep over it...........
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:06 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I used to suffer from insomnia.............

........... but I never lost any sleep over it...........
My Aussie mate was an insomniac, agnostic dyslexic..he lay awake all night thinking is there really a Dog? Boom boom...