Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I saw something rather shocking today...

I saw something rather shocking today...

Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:11 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I saw something rather shocking today...

Hehe.

There's only one public school in the UK where I would allow myself to assume that all leavers have perfect mastery of the Queen's English and more relevant, use it at all times, and that's Winchester. The rest of us particularly the boys schools are a motley lot despite the avails of the faculty. My school did unfortunately score a bit higher on the academic scale than the social scale, but you'd be better off to look at the leading day schools especially the brainy London schools for shining examples of a public school education. There are boarding schools whose leavers still spell cat with a K decades later (Milton Abbey and Glenalmond comes to mind).

If you think I sound racist, rather a good thing you've never spent a night in a boy's boarding house....

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You and Lucky F&ckface are perfectly matched. For what its worth (which is sweet ***** all), you honestly expect us to believe you went to a private school? You're illiterate. And racist. And offensive. And jumped up. And a twat.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 10:13 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I went to boarding school for seven years and I'm a liberal pansy with very good English skills. Maybe I was an exception.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Hehe.

There's only one public school in the UK where I would allow myself to assume that all leavers have perfect mastery of the Queen's English and more relevant, use it at all times, and that's Winchester. The rest of us particularly the boys schools are a motley lot despite the avails of the faculty. My school did unfortunately score a bit higher on the academic scale than the social scale, but you'd be better off to look at the leading day schools especially the brainy London schools for shining examples of a public school education. There are boarding schools whose leavers still spell cat with a K decades later (Milton Abbey and Glenalmond comes to mind).

If you think I sound racist, rather a good thing you've never spent a night in a boy's boarding house....
Reminds me of the joke... How do you know if someone who has been educated in a public school?

They tell you.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You and Lucky F&ckface are perfectly matched. For what its worth (which is sweet ***** all), you honestly expect us to believe you went to a private school? You're illiterate. And racist. And offensive. And jumped up. And a twat.
which would be pretty much the assets of a private school education (aside from taking it up the a*** from the 'bigger boys' on a regular basis).
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
Ethos

Would you like to spend and afternoon with my daughter ? she is Emirati and always says thank you it really it normal ........................
THIS is a really good post to ignore.
Go on, ignore it some more. Show us what a **** you really are.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
THIS is a really good post to ignore.
Go on, ignore it some more. Show us what a **** you really are.
Sorry care to explain further it was a genuine offer
Old Jul 31st 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
Sorry care to explain further it was a genuine offer
What I meant is, it's great to make jokes about what a rude bunch of people the locals are... until somoene makes some kind of counter argument. Then just ignore it, like they are ignoring the comment you made earlier, about your daughter.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I find this post highly offensive - Surely the French must be lower down?
and no scots on it? Oh wait, there's a reason for that!
Old Aug 1st 2010, 3:15 am
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

Butter says "Thank You" by helping your sore throat.

U.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:34 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Umbrella
Butter says "Thank You" by helping your sore throat.

U.
Have you just been watching Last Tango in Paris?