Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I saw something rather shocking today...

I saw something rather shocking today...

Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I saw something rather shocking today...

Lady Medusa is giving me a hard time.

But for you? Why would I cry?

Originally Posted by seven seas
I decided to give yo a break before you started crying.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that silly excahnge with MM was an evasive tactic, so I assumed you were about to cry.

You brought up being scared, so I assumed you were scared.
I thought you were a scared ****, but it turns out you are just a ****.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

ars e or shit e? Let's not hide behind astericks.

Originally Posted by seven seas
I thought that silly excahnge with MM was an evasive tactic, so I assumed you were about to cry.

You brought up being scared, so I assumed you were scared.
I thought you were a scared ****, but it turns out you are just a ****.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

you mean 'asterisks'?

Not much of a private school, was it?

As for the asterisks, the point was to offend, so just go ahead and feel offended. I'm not going to spell it out for you.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ethos83
ars e or shit e? Let's not hide behind astericks.
count to four:
*-s
*-h
*-i
*-t
*-e

was it also a boarding pre-school?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

While at Emarat after work for coffee and a pack of cigarettes (don't get judgemental, it was too tempting to start smoking again in Austria and I swear I will stop this weekend).

A little Emirati girl about age 8 comes up to the bakeria counter while I'm waiting for the coffee, and asks ever so politely to the Filipina girl for one of the plastic cup covers.

The Filipina hands over the requested cover.

The Emirati girl beams and says very genuinely:

'Thank you!'

I kid you not. I was floored. Left my mouth hanging open in shock.

I don't think I've ever heard an Emirati thank a Filipina worker before...
Ethos

Would you like to spend and afternoon with my daughter ? she is Emirati and always says thank you it really it normal ........................
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Are you sure you heard correctly? She may have said "f uck you"
When I was a kid in AD, I was experimenting (for fun with friends) with trying to make F cuk You sound like Thank You but the recipient would still be left thinking that he might have heard f cuk You .
Old Jul 29th 2010, 4:04 am
Banned

Lucky Luckhearst is an unknown quantity at this point

While at Emarat after work for coffee and a pack of cigarettes (don't get judgemental, it was too tempting to start smoking again in Austria and I swear I will stop this weekend).

A little Emirati girl about age 8 comes up to the bakeria counter while I'm waiting for the coffee, and asks ever so politely to the Filipina girl for one of the plastic cup covers.

The Filipina hands over the requested cover.

The Emirati girl beams and says very genuinely:

'Thank you!'

I kid you not. I was floored. Left my mouth hanging open in shock.

I don't think I've ever heard an Emirati thank a Filipina worker before...
You know what's hilariously hilarious about all of this? If those youngsters were in America the Filipino would be above the Arab on the totem pole. Heres the pecking order here

Americans
Dutch
Swedes
Norwegians
Canadians
Jews
Australians
Germans
Italians
Irish
Japanese
English
Chinese
Mexicans
Filipinos
Africans
Arabs
French
Puerto Ricans
Old Jul 29th 2010, 4:22 am
Banned

I don't care if you're the King of Arabia over there, you ain't shit here
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucky Luckhearst
You know what's hilariously hilarious about all of this? If those youngsters were in America the Filipino would be above the Arab on the totem pole. Heres the pecking order here

Americans
Dutch
Swedes
Norwegians
Canadians
Jews
Australians
Germans
Italians
Irish
Japanese
English
Chinese
Mexicans
Filipinos
Africans
Arabs
French
Puerto Ricans
I find this post highly offensive - Surely the French must be lower down?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
When I was a kid in AD, I was experimenting (for fun with friends) with trying to make F cuk You sound like Thank You but the recipient would still be left thinking that he might have heard f cuk You .
I must admit... it's a funny game and once that is occasionally played by the Millhouses.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I find this post highly offensive - Surely the French must be lower down?
I have no problem with them but they are not well thought of here...I think it's because they did'nt let our long range bombers fly over their country on the way to bomb another country once- and people here are still holding a grudge over it.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:24 am
Account Closed

I was in the US during the entire freedom fries episode. Thought it was great.

I have no problem with them but they are not well thought of here...I think it's because they did'nt let our long range bombers fly over their country on the way to bomb another country once- and people here are still holding a grudge over it.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:27 am
Banned

I was in the US during the entire freedom fries episode. Thought it was great.
Oh how embarassing for us
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:34 am
Account Closed

The French are arrogant arseholes who only take some of their stances to piss off the Americans or other powers.

One still sees freedom fries on certain menus in the US, particularly the more rural areas.

Oh how embarassing for us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.