British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I said the summer ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-said-summer-604442/)

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 9:29 am

I said the summer ...

before a 2 bed on the Springs would drop to less than a 100k, looks like I was wrong ...

http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...9/?from_search

commander Apr 20th 2009 9:31 am

Re: I said the summer ...

did stublue not see one for 80K recently...

BorderTart Apr 20th 2009 9:43 am

I can't help wondering if they are in a real mess if the price is that low, or if it is a true reflection of the rent prices.

It also bugs me when they put them on the wrong place on the map - it says it's in Springs 9 and shows as Springs 3 (? maybe) on the map. Am I just pernickity?

commander Apr 20th 2009 9:50 am

Originally Posted by BorderTart (Post 7495496)
I can't help wondering if they are in a real mess if the price is that low, or if it is a true reflection of the rent prices.

It also bugs me when they put them on the wrong place on the map - it says it's in Springs 9 and shows as Springs 3 (? maybe) on the map. Am I just pernickity?

i remember when they were around 70K....

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 9:55 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7495521)

the expected rental income on them when they were first released was 55k, and people were over the moon to be getting that much. Just found a 2 bed on the palm, with a sea view, 1900 square feet, fully services by Fairmont Hotel group - 140k.

MataHari Apr 20th 2009 9:56 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7495521)

I remember when they weren't even built...

shiva Apr 20th 2009 10:00 am

i used to pay 57k and frankly that was more than they were worth

Meow Apr 20th 2009 10:24 am

Be paid less than 100k to live on The Springs? No thanks...

-

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7495642)
Be paid less than 100k to live on The Springs? No thanks...

-

I know I feel the same but I have visited two villas in the last couple of weeks on the Springs and they were really nice, big gardens etc. I prefer Al Barsha though ;)

Confucius Apr 20th 2009 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7495771)
I know I feel the same but I have visited two villas in the last couple of weeks on the Springs and they were really nice, big gardens etc. I prefer Al Barsha though ;)

I was house hunting early this week, but now I want to wait till summer...
Even my building manager is thinking that prices will witness a huge decrease on what they are right now...

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7495776)
I was house hunting early this week, but now I want to wait till summer...
Even my building manager is thinking that prices will witness a huge decrease on what they are right now...

Colliers made a statement yesterday that the total drop in rents from September last year to now is 42%, some stuff hasn't come down that much yet ...

Confucius Apr 20th 2009 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7495780)
Colliers made a statement yesterday that the total drop in rents from September last year to now is 42%, some stuff hasn't come down that much yet ...

Sharjah is only down by 10% till now...I wish here they suffer like in Dubai...

Ronnie Biggs Apr 20th 2009 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7495547)
the expected rental income on them when they were first released was 55k, and people were over the moon to be getting that much. Just found a 2 bed on the palm, with a sea view, 1900 square feet, fully services by Fairmont Hotel group - 140k.

I'm contemplating a move from AD to Dubai and you seem to be very clued up on the accomodation situation. Where is the best place for a family of 4 and a dog to live? Is there a decent compound in the Jumeirah area? Sorry to sound like such a :blink: but I have generally only been to Dubai for a night out with the lads......

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 7495789)
I'm contemplating a move from AD to Dubai and you seem to be very clued up on the accomodation situation. Where is the best place for a family of 4 and a dog to live? Is there a decent compound in the Jumeirah area? Sorry to sound like such a :blink: but I have generally only been to Dubai for a night out with the lads......

The Meadows developments are really nice, especially Meadows 1 and 2, there are some great compounds in Al Barsha as well. Jumeirah prices are slowly coming down. Check out Dubizzle.com :)

Ronnie Biggs Apr 20th 2009 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7495826)
The Meadows developments are really nice, especially Meadows 1 and 2, there are some great compounds in Al Barsha as well. Jumeirah prices are slowly coming down. Check out Dubizzle.com :)

Thanks. Is "The Meadows" in the Jumeirah area? What is "Jumeirah Islands" like?? Are most of the villas around that area of the stand-alone or gated community variety? :confused: Have you ever seen a grown man naked? :confused: