British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I-pad screen repair Abu Dhabi - any ideas? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-pad-screen-repair-abu-dhabi-any-ideas-827971/)

flares Mar 9th 2014 4:12 am

I-pad screen repair Abu Dhabi - any ideas?

Kids have managed to smash the I-pad screen.

so that's two 32 inch flat screen TVs and a I-pad in the last year.

Anyone know where I can get it repaired? Been told 'Hamdan Street' but that's quite a long street and I could do without walking aimlessly up and down.

Ta muchly.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 9th 2014 4:34 am

Re: I-pad screen repair Abu Dhabi - any ideas?

Originally Posted by flares (Post 11164712)

Anyone know where I can get it repaired? Been told 'Hamdan Street' but that's quite a long street and I could do without walking aimlessly up and down.

Ta muchly.

Sorry can't help at all but maybe suggest adoption?

csdf Mar 9th 2014 4:48 am

You could try any of the mobile phone shops on 11th near Al Wahda. They can certainly repair iPhone screens and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Emaaraat2014 Mar 9th 2014 5:19 am

Ta muchly.

I had one repaired a few months back on Hamdan street. Next time I'm down town I'll get the business card of the store and pass on the contact info. Repair cost was under 200 AED.

busybee2 Mar 9th 2014 5:53 am

Ta muchly.

i would go back to istyle to get at least a proper one, but yes you can get them done anywhere... hamden st if people have said that then i would go to hamed center and/or madinet zayed shopping center the little kiosks in all the shopping malls will do them, but check that you get back what you gave in.

Emaaraat2014 Mar 9th 2014 6:19 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 11164777)
i would go back to istyle to get at least a proper one, but yes you can get them done anywhere... hamden st if people have said that then i would go to hamed center and/or madinet zayed shopping center the little kiosks in all the shopping malls will do them, but check that you get back what you gave in.

iStyle do not conduct repairs. Been through that. They recommended their authorized service center in the city, which in turn said that they will not repair it; you have to buy a new one or get it repaired in one of those little computer shops downtown.

Irishbeekeeper Mar 9th 2014 7:51 am

which ipad is it?
2, 3, 4 (retina)
or is it the mini?
different prices

have to be careful of getting an original replacement rather than a chinese replacement..mind u all are made in china regardless but still, the original replacement has more pixels etc etc and doesn't effect the kids' eyes as badly

btw may I recommend not getting it fixed for atleast 6 months and let them save up for the screen ;)

flares Mar 9th 2014 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11164816)
btw may I recommend not getting it fixed for atleast 6 months and let them save up for the screen ;)

I didn't want to bother with the screen repair as it is still operational and can still watch iplayer through the box.

But the Mrs told me to stop being so tight.

Got some chap called Mike visiting the villa later to do it in-situ. Will report back. http://www.irepairuae.com/past-repairs.html

Not as cheap as Hamdan St but not costing me any time

flares Mar 9th 2014 10:54 am

well that was easy

he came when he said he would. understood my SMS directions to the villa without having to phone half a dozen times

took him about half an hour to swap it over

left with 495 of my relatively easy earned dirhams

recommended