Moving apartments

Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving apartments

So folks it's that time of the year where i move apartments (i have moved 7 times in the 9 years i have been here and this will be my 8th time moving!).
Every damn year the moving company that moved me the year before, no longer exits the following year and so in light of this, if anyone can recommend any decent movers, then that would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving apartments

Why are you moving?

Originally Posted by mission
So folks it's that time of the year where i move apartments (i have moved 7 times in the 9 years i have been here and this will be my 8th time moving!).
Every damn year the moving company that moved me the year before, no longer exits the following year and so in light of this, if anyone can recommend any decent movers, then that would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:53 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

You do know what you're setting yourself up for here, pet?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Why are you moving?
i currently live in the movenpick in JLT - the building is truly pants....just sick of the constant issues with the lift....the in-house maintenance team/company have got to be the worse i have come across...you call them....they come and do an inspection....they tell you on the spot they will fix it.....several days later (after having chased them several times) they come back saying they can't fix it and that you have to find an external source to do the repairs.
And the worse of all is the bad odour that comes through the AC vents when you switch it on....you get all the cooking smells from the other apartments...at times it literally makes me want to vomit.
I'm moving back to the Marina in a brand new building and so fingers crossed it isn't as bad.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
You do know what you're setting yourself up for here, pet?
i know...i'm just waiting for DUBIAEXILE to rear his mug shot
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

If you had to move seven times in nine years you either have terrible luck or you're the worst tenant ever

I'll bookmark this thread for next year when you move into yet another apartment.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

*Loads joke gun*
Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Would this be a better option, trade in your car...

U.A.E RV Dealer | Gulf Coast RV | Top selling RV and Caravan Dealer in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & Bahrain
Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:29 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

We've used this company three times now, no complaints at all.

Packing and moving services | International Moving companies | Dubai
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Toooooo easy, not bothering honestly....just going to watch this thread with interest.........just keep an eye out for a crazy lady with 7 suitcases crashing around buildings in her PJ`S......
Old Sep 17th 2017, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

Also used them and was very happy, surprisingly organised and professional.

The thing I liked most was that they came round 2 days before the move with a bunch of boxes so we could fill them up ourselves so they could concentrate on the furniture and fragile items on move day.

Also, in my experience, you have less maintenance problems in older buildings. New buildings always seem to have lots of teething problems, and the overall running of the building (front desk, maintenance, etc) is more chaotic.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering - If you have moved 7 times in the last 9 years don't you have a good understanding of the reloc companies ?

In the last 9.5 years I have moved only once - and was a painful experience !
Old Sep 17th 2017, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
If you had to move seven times in nine years you either have terrible luck or you're the worst tenant ever

I'll bookmark this thread for next year when you move into yet another apartment.
neither actually....i'm an awesome tenant....i have never been asked not to renew....i have a few OCD issues and so prefer to live in a brand new apartment where no has lived before - however unfortunately for the last 3 years, due to no new decent buildings being on the market (in the marina/jlt area), i've had to resort to staying in used apartments, which turned out to have issues with not only the apartment itself but the building also. I'm sure most people would live with it, but not I. And unfortunately you can never tell what issues the aprt/building has until you physically start living there. So going forward if i end up moving again in a year's time it will only ever be to another brand new building, where at least the first year's maintenance is all covered.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

Originally Posted by Gavtek
Also used them and was very happy, surprisingly organised and professional.

The thing I liked most was that they came round 2 days before the move with a bunch of boxes so we could fill them up ourselves so they could concentrate on the furniture and fragile items on move day.

Also, in my experience, you have less maintenance problems in older buildings. New buildings always seem to have lots of teething problems, and the overall running of the building (front desk, maintenance, etc) is more chaotic.
Thanks will give them shout.
Regarding the maintenance - i have found the older the building the more issues it has.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Just wondering - If you have moved 7 times in the last 9 years don't you have a good understanding of the reloc companies ?

In the last 9.5 years I have moved only once - and was a painful experience !
yes and no - in the past i have used the same companies, but they no longer exist (i did say that in my post) otherwise i would have used the last company i used who were awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.