British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I need a new mobile (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-need-new-mobile-584465/)

Spugsy Jan 15th 2009 10:34 am

I need a new mobile

....now mine I brought from the uk, the LG shine has done me well, nice and small, sleek and fits into my pocket easy - its a year and half old now and after dropping it loads it needs replaced,

I'm on pay as you go, over here is it like the UK where you get contracts and then get a good phone for free?

If so what would you benders recommend? I can't get the new iPhones so I just want something nice with a bit of music and a decent camera on it,

not a blackberry, they're shit.

Ta folks.

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2009 10:37 am

Re: I need a new mobile

i had the shine but it broke, and i've got the lg secret now, it's similar to the shine but with touchscreen etc, it's not bad...nokia have some cool phones out too...

MM, xx

lionheart Jan 15th 2009 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7171125)
....now mine I brought from the uk, the LG shine has done me well, nice and small, sleek and fits into my pocket easy - its a year and half old now and after dropping it loads it needs replaced,

I'm on pay as you go, over here is it like the UK where you get contracts and then get a good phone for free?

If so what would you benders recommend? I can't get the new iPhones so I just want something nice with a bit of music and a decent camera on it,

Ta folks.

My wife needs a new pair of shoes. Where would you guys and gals recommend?:p

littlejimmy Jan 15th 2009 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7171125)

Ta folks.

One of these babies:

http://www.mobilitywatch.com/wp-cont...bile-phone.jpg

Spugsy Jan 15th 2009 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7171139)
i had the shine but it broke, and i've got the lg secret now, it's similar to the shine but with touchscreen etc, it's not bad...nokia have some cool phones out too...

MM, xx

yeah I saw the secret at duty free, worked out at about £200.

Is it better? better camera and stuff?

commander Jan 15th 2009 10:39 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7171141)

dragonmart...

Spugsy Jan 15th 2009 10:39 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7171141)

these are nice mate

http://www.leatherlollipop.com/prod_...pink_lips1.jpg

Spugsy Jan 15th 2009 10:40 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7171144)

is that a waffle machine?

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2009 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7171154)
yeah I saw the secret at duty free, worked out at about £200.

Is it better? better camera and stuff?

apparently it has a better camera, i never use it so don't know...i like it cos it's smaller than a lot of other phones...got monsieur medusa a nokia for christmas and the camera on that is amazing...

MM, xx

Bison Jan 15th 2009 10:44 am

I still have my UK mobile contract with Orange, I managed to get on to such a good deal after being with them for 8 years that It's worth keeping and getting the free upgrade every year (which you can actually get every 10 months)

10 Quid a month, 500 anytime any network minutes and 500 free texts, so it works out at 120 quid a year, not bad when you consider that to buy my phone new (pay as you go) it's about 400 quid!

Bison

MataHari Jan 15th 2009 10:47 am

my son got a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music...great phone, touch screen and good camera...god knows what sort of other things you can do with it as well...

littlejimmy Jan 15th 2009 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7171162)
is that a waffle machine?

Yes...it's a machine that you waffle on.

Spugsy Jan 15th 2009 10:50 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7171192)

heh heh, nicely done kidda.

Bison Jan 15th 2009 10:56 am

Is it versatile? You know like...Waffley

Charismatic Jan 15th 2009 11:02 am

Doesn't the N95 do everything the iPhone does but just a bit better? Seems like a good phone as much as I dislike Nokias usually :).

Also I'm fairly sure you don't have to use any Apple software so nothing unexpected, like deleting the entire media library without warning or just desciding not to sync for no reason, should happen.