Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I need a man (or woman)

I need a man (or woman)

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need a man (or woman)

Typical Dubai style; My Du internet socket is broken (the bit the pluggy bit goes into moves about so its hard to get the pluggy bit in properly) and is causing my internet connection to be somewhat crap. My landlord says its the responsibility of Du and Du says its my landlord- I don't care if I have to pay for it but does anyone know anyone? - I'm sure its only a 5 minute job so don't want to pay someone for a full hour (but can pay with out of date guiness/beer or some sewing) - I can't even work out how to get the socket off the wall as it has these funny buttony bits over the screw holes. Would I need a sparky or just an oddjob man and does anyone know anyone who isn't going to rip me off? or is anyone on here able to help? And where can I buy a socket so the guy doesn't have to come and tell me its broken and he has to go out for parts?

Anyone?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a man (or woman)

When I was in ACE Festival City last week there was a bloke on a "mr fixit" display advertising all sorts of services from plumbing to sparky type stuff.

Sorry but the flyer he gave me is back at home.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:08 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
When I was in ACE Festival City last week there was a bloke on a "mr fixit" display advertising all sorts of services from plumbing to sparky type stuff.

Sorry but the flyer he gave me is back at home.
I've used them before. They're very good, but they'd be quite expensive for fixing a socket. You'd be talking AED300.

I'd sort it for you, but I'm in the UK still at the mo.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:11 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a servicable pluggy bit that's not doing much at the moment--it might well fit your socket. When would be convenient for me to pop round?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bahtatboy- Are you being serious or being rude?

Fluffy when are you back?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Typical Dubai style; My Du internet socket is broken (the bit the pluggy bit goes into moves about so its hard to get the pluggy bit in properly) and is causing my internet connection to be somewhat crap. My landlord says its the responsibility of Du and Du says its my landlord- I don't care if I have to pay for it but does anyone know anyone? - I'm sure its only a 5 minute job so don't want to pay someone for a full hour (but can pay with out of date guiness/beer or some sewing) - I can't even work out how to get the socket off the wall as it has these funny buttony bits over the screw holes. Would I need a sparky or just an oddjob man and does anyone know anyone who isn't going to rip me off? or is anyone on here able to help? And where can I buy a socket so the guy doesn't have to come and tell me its broken and he has to go out for parts?

Anyone?
Are there no maintenance chaps in your building that can help?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Meow- nope only security who seemed to know about as much as I did. He did poke it with a hammer - even I knew that wouldn't work
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I've got a servicable pluggy bit that's not doing much at the moment--it might well fit your socket. When would be convenient for me to pop round?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:06 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back 1am on Saturday. If it's still not sorted, let me know.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 5:59 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Made me snigger
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

I think I'd be in trouble with the missus if i told her I was going round to see another woman to fix her socket with my tools....
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I re-read Bahtaboy's post from a cheeky perspective only after reading your reply kittycat1, cause the 1st time I read it, it didn't particularly stand out.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I re-read Bahtaboy's post from a cheeky perspective only after reading your reply kittycat1, cause the 1st time I read it, it didn't particularly stand out.
Don't go there.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

josieforfun is an unknown quantity at this point

my husband is a techno genius and I''m very willing to lend him out. Feel free to hit on him mercilessly because it's hilarious to see him squirm.....he's so straight he wouldn't know how to respond
Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:09 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone?
hi
new here
am an IT guy but i am also against charging by the hour for a 5 minute job
take a snap of the thingamagic and post it either here or email it to me and ill tell you the cheapest way to either replace it or get it fixed
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.