Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I may have a solution to Greece’s debt problem!

I may have a solution to Greece’s debt problem!

Old Jul 10th 2015, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default I may have a solution to Greece’s debt problem!

The situation in Greece is by no means an isolated one in history. A few hundred years ago a pretty much similar situation engulfed a whole nation when it was faced with a huge sum of debts that eventually forced that nation to sell her independence to pay back the debts. Yes, I am talking about the Scottish nation. The English, who were/are very good buyers of such commodities helped the Scots out and indeed got in return a very generous reward then after. Here is another opportunity for the English, if they are as clever as their ancestors, that is. Offer a similar deal to Greece as follows, we offer to pay all your debts and in return you become a municipality of the UK, but you keep your national football team. I think the Uk can afford to do that and it will be very rewarding in the long run. Bottom line is, don’t let the Greeks off the hook!! They have used other people’s money and they should pay for it, even if that means independence!!!
Old Jul 10th 2015, 11:59 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I may have a solution to Greece’s debt problem!

The fasting is really affecting you now.

Living proof that starving the body for an extended period goes against the laws of nature.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 12:40 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark View Post
The situation in Greece is by no means an isolated one in history. A few hundred years ago a pretty much similar situation engulfed a whole nation when it was faced with a huge sum of debts that eventually forced that nation to sell her independence to pay back the debts. Yes, I am talking about the Scottish nation. The English, who were/are very good buyers of such commodities helped the Scots out and indeed got in return a very generous reward then after. Here is another opportunity for the English, if they are as clever as their ancestors, that is. Offer a similar deal to Greece as follows, we offer to pay all your debts and in return you become a municipality of the UK, but you keep your national football team. I think the Uk can afford to do that and it will be very rewarding in the long run. Bottom line is, don’t let the Greeks off the hook!! They have used other people’s money and they should pay for it, even if that means independence!!!
This isn't a very sharia approach.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
Living proof that starving the body for an extended period goes against the laws of nature.
Except that this is not really fasting, not when you stuff your face once the sun goes down and set your alarm clock to get up before the sun and once again stuff your face. This is playing at fasting.
However I do agree that in some muslims there does appear to be impairment of not only critical thinking but actually using the brain at all.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:25 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
Except that this is not really fasting, not when you stuff your face once the sun goes down and set your alarm clock to get up before the sun and once again stuff your face. This is playing at fasting.
However I do agree that in some muslims there does appear to be impairment of not only critical thinking but actually using the brain at all.
While I do not necessarily disagree with you, have you actually tried to do it?

I drink close to 3 litres of water a day (if not more some days) - 14 hours without water would make me somewhat less functional.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
While I do not necessarily disagree with you, have you actually tried to do it?

I drink close to 3 litres of water a day (if not more some days) - 14 hours without water would make me somewhat less functional.
Why would I want to do it? It is bonkers and there are other ways of demonstrating faith. But to answer your question. I do not drink a lot of water during the day, unless I have to go outside, in this case I would severely restrict my exposure to the outside and stay within AC. I quite often indulge in little bouts of self denial, excercising my will power. To go without food all day is not a big deal, I did it a lot when I was younger.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
The fasting is really affecting you now.

Is being under the influence more in sync with the laws of mother nature? Well, that does explain why you are having problems understanding my arguments!!
Old Jul 10th 2015, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

Is being under the influence more in sync with the laws of mother nature?
Yes. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years. It is unnatural not to partake as many of the 1.5 million of Saudis who will descend on Dubai next week will testify.
Quite how they deal with the cognitive dissonance of not being allowed alcohol and loose women in their own country, yet stepping over the border absolves them of sin I have no idea.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years. It is unnatural not to partake as many of the 1.5 million of Saudis who will descend on Dubai next week will testify.
Quite how they deal with the cognitive dissonance of not being allowed alcohol and loose women in their own country, yet stepping over the border absolves them of sin I have no idea.
If 1.5 million Saudi drinkers make you feel better about yourself then good luck to you and do stick to your bottle. For me I just need to look at the whole globe and see the people and their drinking problems to convince me enough that being under the influence is not how mother nature wanted our body to be.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

For me I just need to look at the whole globe and see the people and their drinking problems to convince me enough that being under the influence is not how mother nature wanted our body to be.
How do you know how mother nature (by which you mean evolution) intended our bodies to be? If you are a muslim and indulge in 'ramadan fasting' I think I can quite confidently say that 'mother nature' did not intend us to do without water in 50 degree temperatures for up to 15 hours. So you are once again talking hairy spherical objects.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

How do you know how mother nature (by which you mean evolution) intended our bodies to be? If you are a muslim and indulge in 'ramadan fasting' I think I can quite confidently say that 'mother nature' did not intend us to do without water in 50 degree temperatures for up to 15 hours. So you are once again talking hairy spherical objects.
We’ve had this argument very extensively before on this form and we’d got absolutely to nowhere because we both follow two different ways of life. Your way of life is based on trial and error and mine is based on the revelation. When the revelation told me to fast I asked myself why? I researched and found the wisdom behind it. If we happen to be part of the mammals kingdom then we are not supposed to be eating and drinking on regular bases since mammals actually don’t do that. Mammals are supposed to browse for their food and drink and that may take them long period of times. That’s how mammal’s bodies are designed to be.

Anyway why don’t we just stick to the problem of Greece as the thread suggest, because I am really pissed off by those guys. Their case is like some poor bugger with shabby cloths, walk into a posh restaurant, order all sorts of expensive food then gets up and walks away without paying and expects the restaurant owner to pick up his bills
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

We’ve had this argument very extensively before on this form and we’d got absolutely to nowhere because we both follow two different ways of life. Your way of life is based on trial and error and mine is based on the revelation.
No. Mine is based on scientific research backed by empirical scientific evidence. Your is based on magical mumbo jumbo backed up by you convincing yourself that it is all true.
If we happen to be part of the mammals kingdom then we are not supposed to be eating and drinking on regular bases since mammals actually don’t do that. Mammals are supposed to browse for their food and drink and that may take them long period of times. That’s how mammal’s bodies are designed to be.
Some mammals are grazers, humans evolved such that it was no longer necessary to graze, we could plant and harvest food and store it. No need to follow a migratory lifestyle and follow the food. If there is a biological need (i.e. an evolutionary trait which enables your species to survive better) then that species will flourish. As an example camels have humps to store water. Strangely humans do not because it is not required, we can find/provide water in even the most harsh environment because we invent ways to bring it.
Anyway why don’t we just stick to the problem of Greece as the thread suggest,
OMG! I am absolutely astonished and my flabber has never been so gasted! You are seriously suggesting that we stay on thread? But this is not your way habibi, you never do that! Have you been kidnapped and aliens take your user ID??
because I am really pissed off by those guys. Their case is like some poor bugger with shabby cloths, walk into a posh restaurant, order all sorts of expensive food then gets up and walks away without paying and expects the restaurant owner to pick up his bills
But the Greek population democratically said OXI to very very similar reforms that their parliament is about to democratically agree to say, 'oxi, ignore the people, we know better, these austerity measures are OK by us. Now give us the money efharisto!' We must now wait and see if the democratic vote by the 18 other members of the EU agrees to shovel more money into the Greek money pit. However as this is the ME forum we should adopt an ME attitude, 'what to do Yanni! It will be OK inshallah.'
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:52 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Read this (if you haven't already)...

Thomas Piketty: ‘Germany Has Never Repaid its Debts. It Has No Right to Lecture Greece’ | The Wire
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

No. Mine is based on scientific research backed by empirical scientific evidence. Your is based on magical mumbo jumbo backed up by you convincing yourself that it is all true.
Some mammals are grazers, humans evolved such that it was no longer necessary to graze, we could plant and harvest food and store it. No need to follow a migratory lifestyle and follow the food. If there is a biological need (i.e. an evolutionary trait which enables your species to survive better) then that species will flourish. As an example camels have humps to store water. Strangely humans do not because it is not required, we can find/provide water in even the most harsh environment because we invent ways to bring it.
OMG! I am absolutely astonished and my flabber has never been so gasted! You are seriously suggesting that we stay on thread? But this is not your way habibi, you never do that! Have you been kidnapped and aliens take your user ID??
But the Greek population democratically said OXI to very very similar reforms that their parliament is about to democratically agree to say, 'oxi, ignore the people, we know better, these austerity measures are OK by us. Now give us the money efharisto!' We must now wait and see if the democratic vote by the 18 other members of the EU agrees to shovel more money into the Greek money pit. However as this is the ME forum we should adopt an ME attitude, 'what to do Yanni! It will be OK inshallah.'
Your so called scientific research has been telling you all along that drinking is ok while my revelation has been telling me that is not so. Like I said earlier, just look at the world drinking problem and see who has got it right. Your so called scientific research tells you that your system of finance is good for the human race while my revelation has been telling me that is not the case. Comes in the destruction and the devastation of the credit crunch to spell out the truth about who had got it right. So tell me then, who is better off you or me???

any way, it is getting late now, I am off to bed , but not before reading today's Sekipedia jokes, offcourse.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 7:58 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Your so called scientific research has been telling you all along that drinking is ok while my revelation has been telling me that is not so. Like I said earlier, just look at the world drinking problem and see who has got it right. Your so called scientific research tells you that your system of finance is good for the human race while my revelation has been telling me that is not the case. Comes in the destruction and the devastation of the credit crunch to spell out the truth about who had got it right. So tell me then, who is better off you or me???

any way, it is getting late now, I am off to bed , but not before reading today's Sekipedia jokes, offcourse.
Is that the halal version of sickipedia?

Fasting as a general concept is not bad for you. Gorging in between like they do here has been undisputedly proven to be, not to mention that it goes completely against what the whole concept of Ramadan is supposed to stand for..

What does credit crunch and drinking have to do with anything anyway? Just stick to the topic ranting man...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.