British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I know this is really rubbish of me.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-know-really-rubbish-me-603955/)

Spugsy Apr 17th 2009 8:09 am

I know this is really rubbish of me....

....but the missus has a flat tyre, we need to change to the spare but as I don't drive, I've never changed a wheel and don't fancy jacking the jeep up so it falls on me or summat,

Who can I get to come out and do it for me?

:(

seraphnina Apr 17th 2009 8:22 am

Re: I know this is really rubbish of me....

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7487124)
....but the missus has a flat tyre, we need to change to the spare but as I don't drive, I've never changed a wheel and don't fancy jacking the jeep up so it falls on me or summat,

Did you try AAA?:wub:

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2009 8:24 am

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7487154)

Seraphnina is right, do a search on Arabian Automobile Association, there in Garhoud.

Officer Dibble Apr 17th 2009 8:24 am

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7487154)

Eh eh eh! Maybe the missus could do it herself....:ohmy:

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2009 8:27 am

Atilla says it will show you how to do it if you get the manual out, and he said you are a shandy drinking pufter too :eek:

FunnyFeline Apr 17th 2009 10:07 am

:rofl::rofl::rofl: apologies, but this was the first thing my dad ever showed me how to do, when I started driving at 17!! LOL!!

Sorry....just had to put that!! :rofl: :wub:

Roadking Apr 17th 2009 10:25 am

Do the weak thing and buy a can of the tyre repair. That will sort it for a time till you can find a real man to fix the thing for you.

To think I used to hold you in high esteem. How the mighty have fallen!

Alexa Apr 17th 2009 10:37 am

Seriously?
I am a girly girl...I like pink, frill ,shoes and all that....BUT, IF faced with your situation, I would at least try to get it fixed......does not matter if you are a man or a woman...at least TRY! :thumbsup:

Vimto Apr 17th 2009 10:37 am

Here is the videojug link
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-change-a-tyre

Madam Medusa Apr 17th 2009 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7487478)
Seriously?
I am a girly girl...I like pink, frill ,shoes and all that....BUT, IF faced with your situation, I would at least try to get it fixed......does not matter if you are a man or a woman...at least TRY! :thumbsup:

geez i totally disagree...i would never try to change a tyre...spugsy, get her to stand on the road looking distressed, some guys will stop and change it for sure...

MM, xx

Alexa Apr 17th 2009 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7487528)
geez i totally disagree...i would never try to change a tyre...spugsy, get her to stand on the road looking distressed, some guys will stop and change it for sure...

MM, xx

Well, I also unclogg sinks and such...maybe I am not really a good example for girls....:o

Madam Medusa Apr 17th 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7487531)
Well, I also declogg sinks and such...maybe I am not really a good example for girls....:o

no, you're terrible, lol...

MM, xx

FunnyFeline Apr 17th 2009 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7487531)
Well, I also declogg sinks and such...maybe I am not really a good example for girls....:o

Hey Alexa, I'm with you...independence first...then turn on the girly smile/pout if a fella comes along...that way I don't break my nails! However, if I'm in a situation where there is NO help whatsoever, e.g. on a lonely road, I will be thankful my dad taught me how to change that tyre!!

Method to the madness!! ;)

MataHari Apr 17th 2009 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7487532)

MM, xx

bit like Meow...

Alexa Apr 17th 2009 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7487532)

MM, xx

It is the lack of patience that does it to me.....:frown: