Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I just got a written warning

I just got a written warning

Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default I just got a written warning

First written warning in my career. I left Dubai at 2am yesterday and arrived back at 11pm -- by 11am this morning, I had received a written warning for not showing up to work.

You have to laugh at that. I told them to go **** themselves and refused to accept it.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:28 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just got a written warning

Hahaha, That's funny. I got one once from a new Sales Manager wanting to make his mark against the top salesman. I ripped it up and binned it in front of him. We ended up being good mates and 3 years later he was working for me.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Leader is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, they can't have many locals working where you work if you get disciplined for turning in late.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leader
Wow, they can't have many locals working where you work if you get disciplined for turning in late.
not one. I am in the office by 8am everyday. After exploding on the phone, I told the guy we will discuss this further at 9.30am when he shows up.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
not one. I am in the office by 8am everyday. After exploding on the phone, I told the guy we will discuss this further at 9.30am when he shows up.
There must be more to it (as in they've got other reasons to not like you)

Are you showing someone up by actually doing work?

Just throw your weight arou....oh. Want me to come with you?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:43 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I told the guy we will discuss this further at 9.30am when he shows up.
He turns up early, the eager beaver.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

First written warning in my career. I left Dubai at 2am yesterday and arrived back at 11pm -- by 11am this morning, I had received a written warning for not showing up to work.

You have to laugh at that. I told them to go **** themselves and refused to accept it.
But you had an un-authorised absence from work, right?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
There must be more to it (as in they've got other reasons to not like you)

Are you showing someone up by actually doing work?

Just throw your weight arou....oh. Want me to come with you?
This guy got promoted to office manager and he thinks he is the manager of all those in the office. I will tell him tomorrow his responsibility stops at the photocopiers and not my attendance. I let rip today and he didn't know what to say.

Last edited by Millhouse; Feb 19th 2013 at 10:55 am.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

This guy got promoted to office manager and he thinks he is the manager of all those in the office. I will tell him tomorrow his responsibility stops at the photocopiers and not my attendance. I let rip today and he was didn't know what to say.
Good.

Office Manager's are right *****.

We had a Russian one who asked me to clean the company car out that I'd borrowed. I asked why and she said it was like a beach in the back.

Pointing out that four people had used it since me and that she hadn't seen any sand in the back and that the person who complained about it had used it before me was apparently irrelevant.

Still, I paid it and claimed it back, she signed it off so I secretly won!!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
But you had an un-authorised absence from work, right?
No.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:55 am
Account Closed

No.
I can't imagine you angry and shouty and telling soemone to piss off.

You seem too nice.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You seem too nice.
Well. This is the point. I really ever raise my voice and I politely tell them that I'm 'going to give it direct' - then do so - in a very firm, direct, not angry or aggressive way.

There is often no come back and if they try, I use a series of short questions and very extended silence before picking holes in every defense they try and make. Dare they interrupt me, or they will be reminded that I gave them the full courtesy to finish their point (through the very unnerving extended sliences). It is passive aggression to the extreme and they feel like a child when I'm done.

Last edited by Millhouse; Feb 19th 2013 at 11:11 am.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Well. This is the point. I really never raise my voice and I politely tell them that I'm 'going to give it direct' - then do so - in a very firm, direct, not angry or aggressive way.

There is often no come back and if they try, I use a series of short questions and very extended silence before picking holes in every defense they try and make. Dare they interrupt me, or they will be reminded that I gave them the full courtesy to finish their point (through the very unnerving extended sliences). It is passive aggression to the extreme and they feel like a child when I'm done.
****. You're evil.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Well. This is the point. I really ever raise my voice and I politely tell them that I'm 'going to give it direct' - then do so - in a very firm, direct, not angry or aggressive way.

Take it on the chin and learn from it ..........
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

You seem too nice.
Still waters run deep!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.