Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I just don't believe this

I just don't believe this

Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default I just don't believe this

Company called to ask us to return the car in exchange for gratuity cheque. Duly went this morning. After an hour of being messed around they refuse to give us the cheque because the car is dirty, yes dirty I as a person am very particular about keeping cars clean and I can tell you this one is no dirty than any other car on the roads at the minute.

Why are they being so petty?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just don't believe this

Maybe they want to fine you for not cleaning it...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:13 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

That is shocking BC. Did you let them get away with that? I don't know if you can still do it but I would have refused to hand over the keys until they gave me the cheque.

I've heard so many shady stories over the last few weeks about companies screwing over their redundant employees. Its not exactly news but there just seems to be nothing that protects the employee out here in a situation like this, unless you're willing to go to court and spend a fortune on legal fees for a negligible return.

I'm back for now by the way
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
That is shocking BC. Did you let them get away with that? I don't know if you can still do it but I would have refused to hand over the keys until they gave me the cheque.

I've heard so many shady stories over the last few weeks about companies screwing over their redundant employees. Its not exactly news but there just seems to be nothing that protects the employee out here in a situation like this, unless you're willing to go to court and spend a fortune on legal fees for a negligible return.

I'm back for now by the way
great to have you back, I missed you!! We have the car which we have to clean and then return on Sunday, hand over the clean car and hopefully get the cheque. petty or what
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Maybe they want to fine you for not cleaning it...

they could have taken 50 dhs off the cheque!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:21 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
great to have you back, I missed you!! We have the car which we have to clean and then return on Sunday, hand over the clean car and hopefully get the cheque. petty or what
make sure you let them know you wont be recommending them to anyone in the future
lesley x
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Company called to ask us to return the car in exchange for gratuity cheque. Duly went this morning. After an hour of being messed around they refuse to give us the cheque because the car is dirty, yes dirty I as a person am very particular about keeping cars clean and I can tell you this one is no dirty than any other car on the roads at the minute.

@ankers, I am hoping you get a call today!!!!@!!!!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

That is ridiculous. You shouldn't bother and just say you did - they probably wouldn't even know the difference.

It's good to be back!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:26 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't get it.

and how much is the cheque.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Clean it but then hide some prawns somewhere to slowly go off.....
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by hawkhead
love it

cheque is not a massive amount but not to be sniffed at either
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha sugar in the gas tank should do the job...............
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Just pop a few in the air filter housing (you don't want them to fall off/out of the engine), should do the trick
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:11 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
Just pop a few in the air filter housing (you don't want them to fall off/out of the engine), should do the trick
seriously we will get it valetted and try again Sunday. I think they are trying to buy time. Once we get the cheque I will express clear it, if you can?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

seriously we will get it valetted and try again Sunday. I think they are trying to buy time. Once we get the cheque I will express clear it, if you can?
BC,
Re the prawn thing: If the back seats are foldable, fold them forward, place the prawn in the 'U' lock in the floor and put the seat back upright, thereby locking seat and prawn into the 'U' lock.
I once had a pair of frog's legs locked into place like this. Had to drive with all the windows open for ages - until I found the bugger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.