Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I have lost a stone in 2 weeks...

I have lost a stone in 2 weeks...

Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:21 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have lost a stone in 2 weeks...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not at all ! I love him just the way he is, but he is alway on about dieting
heh, I'm ****ing useless to be fair, I've put on over a stone in the last year which brings me to my biggest weight I've ever been, bah.....
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
heh, I'm ****ing useless to be fair, I've put on over a stone in the last year which brings me to my biggest weight I've ever been, bah.....
do a Bison then
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bison
Yay......

I have totally cut out junk, bread, rice and potatoes, been eating lean grilled meats and fish with salads or steamed veg religiously and been down the gym 4 times a week. No coke, booze or sugary fruit jiuce, just water and the odd cup of tea.

I feel motivated and like I wanna carry on...
So did you only have 1 meal a day or was that your evening meal ie meat n veg/salad, what did you have for breakfast or lunch?
I have been doing weight watchers and gym 4 times a week and lost a stone in 6 weeks, wouldnt mind speeding it up a bit got another couple to go, so maybe do yours for 2 weeks then see how we get on, how about showing us your diet sheet for a week?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

So what's that in kg? Sounds like a lot to lose in two weeks. Do you reckon it would work for me if i only ate chocolate for two weeks?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kim67
So what's that in kg? Sounds like a lot to lose in two weeks. Do you reckon it would work for me if i only ate chocolate for two weeks?
You know I recollect someone actually doing that in moderation and they lost weight believe it or not, also I read about someone who makes cakes for the stars, she made Madonnas last wedding cake and a cake for Beckhams, and she reckons 80% of her diet is cake and she was a size 8, my problem is beer but not had a drop since Jan 12 but problem coming up as on holiday from 6th March till 14th, no diet that week or so, and its all inclusive
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now
You know I recollect someone actually doing that in moderation and they lost weight believe it or not, also I read about someone who makes cakes for the stars, she made Madonnas last wedding cake and a cake for Beckhams, and she reckons 80% of her diet is cake and she was a size 8, my problem is beer but not had a drop since Jan 12 but problem coming up as on holiday from 6th March till 14th, no diet that week or so, and its all inclusive
There used to be a restaurant in the nightclub district of Perth (WA) called Death by Chocolate, it whole menu was chocolate dishes. It was surrounded by pubs, just think if we moved there, we'd be in our own diet heaven.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kim67
There used to be a restaurant in the nightclub district of Perth (WA) called Death by Chocolate, it whole menu was chocolate dishes. It was surrounded by pubs, just think if we moved there, we'd be in our own diet heaven.
Not so much of a chocky lover myself but yes know what you mean, I am so jealous of these people who can eat what they want and never put any weight on
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Smacked is an unknown quantity at this point

Never known anybody eating what they want and not put on weight, believe me all slim people are very careful what they eat, they just pretend not to be. Trust me on that one!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Smacked is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Bison, rude of me. Well done! Keep it up!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really niceDemented Kitten is just really nice

Well done.

Just 1 question. Did you ever feel tired of lack of energy when you did this?

I feel slightly tired and bit dizzy when I cut my carbs totally. Especially when comming home from work.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Demented Kitten
Well done.

Just 1 question. Did you ever feel tired of lack of energy when you did this?

I feel slightly tired and bit dizzy when I cut my carbs totally. Especially when comming home from work.
That passes after a few days...............

Bison has basically designed his own version of the Atkins Diet - which works brilliantly, as long as you gradually reintroduce good carbs as you reach your ideal weight.

He's right about feeling energy - that's the biggest positive side effect of that programme............. along with lower blood pressure (assuming it was too high before).
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

It's a good diet for weight loss....tried it at the end of last year and it worked. I think it's called the South Beach diet. Needless to say Christmas put paid to that but weight has stabalised 8kgs below what I was when I came out to Dubai.

Bloody tough though, especially cutting out the booze.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I have lost a stone in 2 weeks...

Originally Posted by The Dean
reintroduce good carbs
"Good" carbohydrates?

For most people the key to a healthy diet seems to be eating complex carbohydrates (starch) and protein rather than eating sugars directly.

In many ways it's not that we consume a great quantity more food now than we did in the past but since the advent of cheap chemically derived sweetners like HFCS (fantastic stuff ) foods and drinks tend to contain sugars that can be metabolised at a very high rate.

All right, I'm not as dramatic and shocking as Jamie Oliver but there has to be something said for being factual right?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:52 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smacked
Never known anybody eating what they want and not put on weight, believe me all slim people are very careful what they eat, they just pretend not to be. Trust me on that one!
Not true.

I was a very skinny girl and ate everything. I was so thin my mum even took me to the doctor's once to see if she could fatten me up. One of my nicknames at school was Bones.

The doctor told her to leave me alone, that I was as fit as a fiddle and that I'd gradually gain some weight in my thirties when metabolism starts to slow down.

He was right. I'm now 38 and I've had 2 kids and although I have put on some weight I still only weigh 8 stone. I eat pretty much what I like and I probably consume loads of extra calories in white wine as well.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
Yay......

I have totally cut out junk, bread, rice and potatoes, been eating lean grilled meats and fish with salads or steamed veg religiously and been down the gym 4 times a week. No coke, booze or sugary fruit jiuce, just water and the odd cup of tea.

I feel motivated and like I wanna carry on...
You stole my thunder!!! That's why I stopped losing weight these last 2 weeks...You bastard!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.