British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I have long hair (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-have-long-hair-692645/)

Norsk-also Nov 7th 2010 6:18 pm

I have long hair

I survive in england bar the occasional lesbian shout when prawling the streets..do employers have issues with this? I generally look groomed and keep it tidy. Quite curious. Due to our lovely equality laws, not even the military could have me cut it..but I would for a job in the sand..for now.

Ray Nov 7th 2010 6:20 pm

Re: I have long hair

Originally Posted by Norsk-also (Post 8967470)
I survive in england bar the occasional lesbian shout when prawling the streets..do employers have issues with this? I generally look groomed and keep it tidy. Quite curious. Due to our lovely equality laws, not even the military could have me cut it..but I would for a job in the sand..for now.

Translator please

lionheart Nov 8th 2010 3:11 am

Lesbian shout? I thought you were male.:confused:

Roadking Nov 8th 2010 7:09 am

Have you come off your meds again?

Norm_uk Nov 8th 2010 10:07 am

Are you saying you're a man with long hair who wants to work in the Middle East and wants to know if it would be a hindrance to employment?

If so then the answer is yes - I came here with long hair ten years ago...and cut it off around 5 years back for a change but noticed my job prospects suddenly increased.

A lot depends on which industry you are in, how tidy your mane is and which company you work for. Men have the rubbish end of the stick when it comes to grooming and fashion freedom at work generally but more so in the middle east...

N.

Kim67 Nov 8th 2010 11:40 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8968067)
Lesbian shout? I thought you were male.:confused:

Lady Boy for sure.

kittycat1 Nov 8th 2010 6:02 pm

Very very few men can pull off long hair so unless you are Anthony Keidis I say chop chop chop!

Macca67 Nov 8th 2010 6:50 pm

I thought all dykes had short hair.:confused:

Millhouse Nov 9th 2010 3:39 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8969250)
Very very few men can pull off long hair so unless you are Anthony Keidis I say chop chop chop!

Totally agree with that.

and the older you get the shorter it needs to be. simple really.

commander Nov 9th 2010 5:23 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8970053)
Totally agree with that.

yup, or if you are like me, it comes away of its own accord.

Norsk-also Nov 13th 2010 11:31 pm

I look really good with long hair (anthony kiedis has nothing on me..neither does antonio banderas...)..even my mother told me I looked weird with short hair. I keep it tidy..but from the back when I have it down..its so long, your average uk chav only sees woman. I am man, nice human being, not on drugs, listen to metal, good expat middle class non diplo brat upbringing, used to havin 3 maids and a driver, respect my elders, not racist, not elitist, uber intelligent, foul mouthed, lovely and loveable...I guess my hair is even an hindrance to my professional advancement here in the uk..but i don't really care..just want a job i like that pays the bills..I don't like the idea of spending all day in meetings..I work as an urban designer..and thats what i want to do..design urban. I hope that clears it up. Now MOAR feedback. I might cut it if it proves impossible to be employed as a liberal all loving atheist who thinks prsonal appearance does NOT matter, skill and devotion does.

p.s Bamp

Bahtatboy Nov 14th 2010 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Norsk-also (Post 8979973)
I look really good with long hair (anthony kiedis has nothing on me..neither does antonio banderas...)..even my mother told me I looked weird with short hair. I keep it tidy..but from the back when I have it down..its so long, your average uk chav only sees woman. I am man, nice human being, not on drugs, listen to metal, good expat middle class non diplo brat upbringing, used to havin 3 maids and a driver, respect my elders, not racist, not elitist, uber intelligent, foul mouthed, lovely and loveable...I guess my hair is even an hindrance to my professional advancement here in the uk..but i don't really care..just want a job i like that pays the bills..I don't like the idea of spending all day in meetings..I work as an urban designer..and thats what i want to do..design urban. I hope that clears it up. Now MOAR feedback. I might cut it if it proves impossible to be employed as a liberal all loving atheist who thinks prsonal appearance does NOT matter, skill and devotion does.

p.s Bamp

Man, what DO you do if you don't do drugs?

Millhouse Nov 14th 2010 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8980167)
Man, what DO you do if you don't do drugs?

The first step in dealing with a drug problem is recognizing that you take drugs.

Ethos83 Nov 14th 2010 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Norsk-also (Post 8979973)
a liberal all loving atheist who thinks prsonal appearance does NOT matter

p.s Bamp

Tsk tsk tsk. You are in for a lifetime of disappointment.

MissDemeanor Nov 14th 2010 10:05 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8970053)
Totally agree with that.

Euw,visions of those sad men with bald heads with the sides all long a thinning scraped back with brylcream into a thin straggly rats tail.
It should be against the law.:eek: