British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   i hate you... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-hate-you-650995/)

Madam Medusa Jan 24th 2010 12:50 pm

i hate you...

...how come that it feels so horrid when your kids say this, and how do they learn to turn the knife at such an early age...little sods...

my 4 year old has started copying his 6 year old sister in saying it...and it is awful...i know i used to say it to my parents, but i'm sure i was much older...

or maybe this isn't the norm, and everyone else's kids love them all the time, lol...

MM, xx

MataHari Jan 24th 2010 1:05 pm

Re: i hate you...

I just say...well, I hate you too so :p

that sort of stuff doesn't really bother me, it's just copy cat behaviour, even from the eldest...and they do it with loads of stuff, they'll eat certain food without a problem until a friend says they hate it and hey presto, you have a problem...
my 7 year old had a stage where she said she hated Indian people, and I am sure she just heard someone else (nah, not me, lol) say it and copied it...

anyway...I think you are lurverly :wub:

Blue Cat Jan 24th 2010 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8277372)
...how come that it feels so horrid when your kids say this, and how do they learn to turn the knife at such an early age...little sods...

my 4 year old has started copying his 6 year old sister in saying it...and it is awful...i know i used to say it to my parents, but i'm sure i was much older...

or maybe this isn't the norm, and everyone else's kids love them all the time, lol...

MM, xx

nah they are normal, mine called me Fat the other day and has just told Drew his new hair cut is horrid. She hates me on a regular basis as I am the discipline giver. Yes it hurts though.

littlejimmy Jan 24th 2010 1:10 pm

Our 5-year-old daughter said, "I don't like you very much" to the wife the other week after being told off. It was very deliberate and shocking to hear it. First time she's ever said anything like that.

I felt like giving her some advice: You might think it, just don't say it.

Madam Medusa Jan 24th 2010 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8277394)
I just say...well, I hate you too so :p

that sort of stuff doesn't really bother me, it's just copy cat behaviour, even from the eldest...and they do it with loads of stuff, they'll eat certain food without a problem until a friend says they hate it and hey presto, you have a problem...
my 7 year old had a stage where she said she hated Indian people, and I am sure she just heard someone else (nah, not me, lol) say it and copied it...

anyway...I think you are lurverly :wub:

awww doll, thank you...wub wub...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Jan 24th 2010 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8277398)
nah they are normal, mine called me Fat the other day and has just told Drew his new hair cut is horrid. She hates me on a regular basis as I am the discipline giver. Yes it hurts though.

hahaha, good to know i'm not the only unloved parent then...

must say with the 4 year old, if i pretend to cry he gets really really upset and is so sorry he's said it...serves him right...

MM, xx

Alexa Jan 24th 2010 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8277372)

MM, xx

I usually say that's fine, does not really make a difference...you still have to...can't...etc.

if he gets me on the wrong foot, I tell him "I help you pack your bags, and let him sit outside the door for a while.....yes, I have done that, he was there for about 30 minutes, pretty frantic. It did help for a while.

Madam Medusa Jan 24th 2010 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 8277411)
I usually say that's fine, does not really make a difference...you still have to...can't...etc.

if he gets me on the wrong foot, I tell him "I help you pack your bags, and let him sit outside the door for a while.....yes, I have done that, he was there for about 30 minutes, pretty frantic. It did help for a while.

ahh...see, my 6 year old calls my bluff totally on anything like that...she does actually leave if i tell her to go...and she will run off, i always think she'll get worried and turn round, but then i start to panic first and so have to go after her...

kids eh...

MM, xx

Alexa Jan 24th 2010 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8277416)
ahh...see, my 6 year old calls my bluff totally on anything like that...she does actually leave if i tell her to go...and she will run off, i always think she'll get worried and turn round, but then i start to panic first and so have to go after her...

kids eh...

MM, xx

lol, see, boys are not that clever...;)

Jeeper Jan 24th 2010 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8277416)

kids eh...

MM, xx

My mum told me to leave and I did go......and I never went back....mind you - I was 19.

Arcadia Jan 24th 2010 2:17 pm

I once ''ran away'' when I was 8 years old, I packed my little red vanity case with my books and a tomato Ketchup sandwhich. I was gone for all of half an hour and when I got back I dont think my mam and Dad even noticed I had gone in the first place.

I tutor a local boy who is in Grade 2, he is obsessed with the word ''Fart'' He keeps saying it but I dont react, (which is what he is waiting for).:)

Ray Jan 24th 2010 3:26 pm

Taser the bitches .....

Madam Medusa Jan 24th 2010 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 8277603)
Taser the bitches .....

hahaha, well the younger one is a boy, but the girl would just come back for more, believe me...

MM, xx

Ray Jan 24th 2010 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8277692)
hahaha, well the younger one is a boy, but the girl would just come back for more, believe me...

MM, xx

Just like her Mother ...lol

Madam Medusa Jan 24th 2010 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 8277714)
Just like her Mother ...lol

yeah, that's the scary thing...

MM, xx