Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I hate to say it - but Coldplay were awesome

I hate to say it - but Coldplay were awesome

Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default I hate to say it - but Coldplay were awesome

Really was a cracking night. The rain, thunder and lightning just added to it. Got soaked to the skin but was well worth it.

I reckon they earnt the $1.4m, one of the best gigs I've been to. Although I think the conditions helped, really good crowd, very friendly and some very very pretty girls. Where did they all come from?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:19 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate to say it - but Coldplay were awesome

Yea was great. Thought they would have played 'speed of sound' or 'warning sign' though.

The show was amazing.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Their music is cold and unemotional.......... like it was created by a committee of civil servants..............

No amount of live 'energy' or 'atmosphere' can alter that............
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Their music is cold and unemotional.......... like it was created by a committee of civil servants..............

im not their greatest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but as a show, it was amazing, the lightshow, the imagery, the stage set, the sound.

Really Really good performance.

i thought mercury rev were pretty damned good also.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Totally agree, they were excellent

The storm added to the atmosphere and I think a little unfairly they are called bland and boring... I thought Martin was pretty funny and certainly puts energy into the show...
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
im not their greatest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but as a show, it was amazing, the lightshow, the imagery, the stage set, the sound.

Really Really good performance.

i thought mercury rev were pretty damned good also.
I love mercury rev, I'd have loved to have seen them again, they're brilliant live.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Totally agree, they were excellent

The storm added to the atmosphere and I think a little unfairly they are called bland and boring... I thought Martin was pretty funny and certainly puts energy into the show...
they are called that because chris martin is a soppy little tart, but as a band, albums and also live, they are pretty bloody good.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Plus they managed to keep the show going when they had technical problems on the stage......great gig.

Lasers looked amazing with the huge water droplets and the lightning framing the stage.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:10 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

Were you there?

-
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:48 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Really was a cracking night. The rain, thunder and lightning just added to it. Got soaked to the skin but was well worth it.

I reckon they earnt the $1.4m, one of the best gigs I've been to. Although I think the conditions helped, really good crowd, very friendly and some very very pretty girls. Where did they all come from?
yep pretty good night
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Were you there?

-
Of course not.............

As I said, I don't care how 'good' they are live - everyone who is worth their salt should be - I just don't like their music.