Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I had a lovely time.....

I had a lovely time.....

Old Apr 20th 2009, 4:08 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I had a lovely time.....

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
That looks lovely Spugsy.
you see the wall dead ahead just in front of the old castle ruins?

I sit there overlooking the beach and sea with the sun on my back, the best fish and chips in the world and with my lovely wife and I'm about as happy as can be.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy

I sit there overlooking the beach and sea with the sun on my back, the best fish and chips in the world and with my lovely wife and I'm about as happy as can be.
Aww that sounds really nice
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

soft git
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

It was soooooo fine! I had curry sauce with my chips too. Yum!

Diet starts tomorrow though
chips & curry sauce I always thought that was a northern thing... i have to say it is pretty good though BUT chips & gravy is just wrong
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
soft git
it's true, sun on my back, fish and chips in my hands, happy days....
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

it's true, sun on my back, fish and chips in my hands, happy days....
Ahhhhhhhhh
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pauldxb
chips & curry sauce I always thought that was a northern thing... i have to say it is pretty good though BUT chips & gravy is just wrong
Well i love chips and curry too and i'm from NE....mmm i'm sure other people my way do too.

Chips and gravy rock too! I LOVE chips, cheese and gravy with tom sauce! Some people think thats wrong too?! I love it though!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by pauldxb
curry sauce is ace, so is gravy - many a time I have pondered over what to pour over my battered sausage....
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Well i love chips and curry too and i'm from NE....mmm i'm sure other people my way do too.

Chips and gravy rock too! I LOVE chips, cheese and gravy with tom sauce! Some people think thats wrong too?! I love it though!
actually, that IS wrong.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

That is wrong!

Have to say I lurrrve chips and curry sauce, and was really pleased when found the chippy at the Marina, until I tasted their curry sauce. How can they get it soooooooo wrong?

One thing to look forward to going back to Blighty for.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:58 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
That is wrong!

Have to say I lurrrve chips and curry sauce, and was really pleased when found the chippy at the Marina, until I tasted their curry sauce. How can they get it soooooooo wrong?

One thing to look forward to going back to Blighty for.
They do a mean doner kebab at the Marina chip shop, just a shame the chilli sauce is all wrong !
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

I know everyone says that but i think it's ace!

I Know! I'm soooo disappointed with the curry sauce at Marina. I'll eat it if i'm desperate though!

Oh the curry sauce i had at home was so fine. Just worlds apart from that stuff. It was quite fruity too which i like.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BangleMan
They do a mean doner kebab at the Marina chip shop, just a shame the chilli sauce is all wrong !
I haven't had a kebab from there yet. That was always a boozy thing on the way home from the pub for me! Whats wrong with the chilli sauce?

Thats a shame.

I think i should open a food shop here! Sure i would make a killing!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:05 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't had a kebab from there yet. That was always a boozy thing on the way home from the pub for me! Whats wrong with the chilli sauce?

Thats a shame.

I think i should open a food shop here! Sure i would make a killing!
I think they put something in the beer in the UK, that stimulates your taste buds someway, which mean you suddenly get a craving for a kebab or a curry at midnight ...

I dont know, its nice, but not like the thick red chilli sauce we get back home

I have often thought, if you could open a UK style kebab stall outside somewhere like Barasti you'd make a bloody fortune !!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I think they put something in the beer in the UK, that stimulates your taste buds someway, which mean you suddenly get a craving for a kebab or a curry at midnight ...

I dont know, its nice, but not like the thick red chilli sauce we get back home

I have often thought, if you could open a UK style kebab stall outside somewhere like Barasti you'd make a bloody fortune !!
I hate kebabs, well in face never had one, had a few chicken kebabs over here and they were ace.

I used to get a peperoni pizza, then out a whole portion of chips on, then cover that in chillis sauce...mmmmm!