Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I even like his name...

I even like his name...

Old Apr 21st 2014, 3:19 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I even like his name...

Drinking up to six pints a day is OK for your health, a leading alcohol scientist has claimed.

Dr Kari Poikolainen, who used to work for the World Health Organisation as an alcohol expert, examined decades of research into its effects.

Could be a her, of course.

Excellent, in-depth article by the Fail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ul-health.html
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I even like his name...

Cheers!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Would you trust a Finn to give advice on alcohol ?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Would you trust a Finn to give advice on alcohol ?
Absolut -ly!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Why not? They probably know more about it than most.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mind you, odd bunch these Finns, d'ya think it's the booze?

This stamp will be released by Finland's post office later this year

The Finnish postal service revealed 33 new stamp designs this week, and tucked among the winter scenes and autumnal gardens is this: a man’s bare behind, lifted from a design drawn by one of the country’s most prominent illustrators, Touko Laaksonen, known as “Tom of Finland.”

The stamps, which will debut in September, feature three of Laaksonen’s drawings bearing his trademark leather-bound muscle men. The images embody the “confident and proud homoeroticism” of Laaksonen’s work, according to Itella Posti. “The sheet portrays a sensual life force and being proud of oneself,” Timo Berry, a graphic designer who helped select the art, said in a statement. “There is never too much of that in this northern country.”

The U.S. Postal Service recently said that it will release a new stamp to honor Harvey Milk, the gay rights activist assassinated in San Francisco in the late-1970s. The stamp, which has yet to be revealed, will be dedicated at the White House in late-May. That will make Milk the first openly gay figure on an American stamp.

From Time.com
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 1:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk

http://files.kotisivukone.com/kulttu...inland_450.jpg

The Finnish postal service revealed 33 new stamp designs this week, and tucked among the winter scenes and autumnal gardens is this: a man’s bare behind, lifted from a design drawn by one of the country’s most prominent illustrators, Touko Laaksonen, known as “Tom of Finland.”

The stamps, which will debut in September, feature three of Laaksonen’s drawings bearing his trademark leather-bound muscle men. The images embody the “confident and proud homoeroticism” of Laaksonen’s work, according to Itella Posti. “The sheet portrays a sensual life force and being proud of oneself,” Timo Berry, a graphic designer who helped select the art, said in a statement. “There is never too much of that in this northern country.”

The U.S. Postal Service recently said that it will release a new stamp to honor Harvey Milk, the gay rights activist assassinated in San Francisco in the late-1970s. The stamp, which has yet to be revealed, will be dedicated at the White House in late-May. That will make Milk the first openly gay figure on an American stamp.

From Time.com
He's either missing a penis or the guy is being stabbed in his left eye. Nice bum though.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Alcohol expert - what a great job title
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 6:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk

http://files.kotisivukone.com/kulttu...inland_450.jpg

From Time.com
Try looking at that stamp and saying "philatelist" with a straight face...
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 11:10 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I am feeling jealousy for the first time in a long time.

I'd change careers for a job title like that

N.
Good grief, when I read the first line I thought you were referring to the stamp...
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 11:35 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backinthesand
Alcohol expert - what a great job title
I'm no alcohol expert but six pints a day sounds slightly unhealthy.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I'm no alcohol expert but six pints a day sounds slightly unhealthy.
How many calories in a pint? Even if it's 200, that's 1200 a day. That's half your allowance gone.

I'm all for it but I reckon if I drank 6 pints a day I'd be 6 stone heavier PDQ.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 1:22 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I'd have to wax first and spend some time in the gym before I get that ambitious...

N.
If they're the only changes, I'm not coming for cigars.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 1:56 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
How many calories in a pint? Even if it's 200, that's 1200 a day. That's half your allowance gone.

I'm all for it but I reckon if I drank 6 pints a day I'd be 6 stone heavier PDQ.
Never mind the weight gain, I don't think I could function with 6 pints on board every day.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 2:08 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Never mind the weight gain, I don't think I could function with 6 pints on board every day.
Maybe Finnish beer's piss. Probably not, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.