Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I Don't Like Mondays...

I Don't Like Mondays...

Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:05 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I Don't Like Mondays...

It started off with HSBC this morning, which almost ended with me scrambling over the glass barrier to deal with matters hand-to-hand. The higher up the chain of command I got the more evasive and ridiculous they got. I got what I wanted eventually, but it was touch and go.

Then a colleague:

Me: Is there an agreement between us and XYZ company?
He: We pay them on an ad-hoc basis.
So is there an agreement?
Of course. How could we pay them?
Do you have a copy?
No, we pay them through our agreement with ABC company.
Do you have a copy of that agreement?
No.
So there’s definitely not an agreement with XYZ company?
I told you, we must have an agreement otherwise we couldn’t pay them.
So there are two agreements, one with ABC and one with XYZ?
No, only one agreement, with ABC.
The last payment we made: was that via ABC?
Yes.
Can you get hold of the agreement with ABC?
Yes, I’ll email it to you.
10 mins later…
Email arrives, with a copy of agreement with ABC.
I respond: Thanks. Can I therefore confirm that the agreement with ABC covers XYZ?
No, there is a separate agreement with XYZ. I’ll try to get you a copy…

And now my oh-so-sweet, should-be-blonde-but-isn’t assistant, re my ID application.

By Messenger:
She: Did you receive an SMS about your appointment?
Me: Yes, 2 days after the appointment. They’ve sent another SMS saying they’ll let me know when the new appointment is. What do I need to take?
I’ve made an appointment for your colleague’s wife, shall I make an appointment for you?
No, I’ll wait for the SMS. What do I need to take?
Walks into my office:
Do you want me to make an appointment for you?
The earliest appointment is 8th February. Shall I make you an appointment?

God, I sincerely apologise for whatever I did, but please don’t let Mondays be like this…

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Dec 6th 2010 at 12:30 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Don't Like Mondays...

I don't know how some of the men here cope working with these idiots, and the women for that matter!! used to drive me nuts. Still does, I was in Choithrams today ordering stuff for later in week. Madam what is your name? me, Debbie. Him: Teppy? no Debbie, Him: Pedi? me yeah fine, whatever
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't know how some of the men here cope working with these idiots, and the women for that matter!! used to drive me nuts. Still does, I was in Choithrams today ordering stuff for later in week. Madam what is your name? me, Debbie. Him: Teppy? no Debbie, Him: Pedi? me yeah fine, whatever
hahaha, yeah, they aren't very good on names...my surname gives them all sorts of probs...

MM, xx
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:54 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
It started off with HSBC this morning, which almost ended with me scrambling over the glass barrier to deal with matters hand-to-hand. The higher up the chain of command I got the more evasive and ridiculous they got. I got what I wanted eventually, but it was touch and go.

Then a colleague:

Me: Is there an agreement between us and XYZ company?
He: We pay them on an ad-hoc basis.
So is there an agreement?
Of course. How could we pay them?
Do you have a copy?
No, we pay them through our agreement with ABC company.
Do you have a copy of that agreement?
No.
So there’s definitely not an agreement with XYZ company?
I told you, we must have an agreement otherwise we couldn’t pay them.
So there are two agreements, one with ABC and one with XYZ?
No, only one agreement, with ABC.
The last payment we made: was that via ABC?
Yes.
Can you get hold of the agreement with ABC?
Yes, I’ll email it to you.
10 mins later…
Email arrives, with a copy of agreement with ABC.
I respond: Thanks. Can I therefore confirm that the agreement with ABC covers XYZ?
No, there is a separate agreement with XYZ. I’ll try to get you a copy…

And now my oh-so-sweet, should-be-blonde-but-isn’t assistant, re my ID application.

By Messenger:
She: Did you receive an SMS about your appointment?
Me: Yes, 2 days after the appointment. They’ve sent another SMS saying they’ll let me know when the new appointment is. What do I need to take?
I’ve made an appointment for your colleague’s wife, shall I make an appointment for you?
Walks into my office:
Do you want me to make an appointment for you?
The earliest appointment is 8th February. Shall I make you an appointment?

God, I sincerely apologise for whatever I did, but please don’t let Mondays be like this…
tell me why...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hahaha, yeah, they aren't very good on names...my surname gives them all sorts of probs...

MM, xx
I bet it does! so does mine saying that, might change it to Ahmed
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:06 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
I asked for 'dumpling mix' a while ago and he led me round the corner and gave me a packet of custard powder.

Also I went into a place and asked for cat food, he had no English so (heh, forgive me) put my hands up behind my head like ears and went 'Miow!' and he gave me a tin of dogfood - ???
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:31 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
tell me why...
'cause there are no reasons
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I asked for 'dumpling mix' a while ago and he led me round the corner and gave me a packet of custard powder.

Also I went into a place and asked for cat food, he had no English so (heh, forgive me) put my hands up behind my head like ears and went 'Miow!' and he gave me a tin of dogfood - ???
wow - he must have tried my mum's custard.

isn't dumpling mix... flour?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We didn't need an appointment for our ID interview only a few weeks ago. Have they changed the system again?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:06 pm
Concierge

I am also often called Sir
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:23 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by lionheart
We didn't need an appointment for our ID interview only a few weeks ago. Have they changed the system again?
Apparently. I got an SMS on 30th November informing me that my appointment was at 6:30pm on 28th. Really useful.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:24 pm
Hit 16's

One of our Filipino colleagues not only calls us Sir, but he uses our forenames after it. Arise, Sir Bahtatboy.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:59 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
wow - he must have tried my mum's custard.

isn't dumpling mix... flour?
no suet and stuff..
Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

well you do have a mans haircut
Old Dec 6th 2010, 7:24 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Same with the automated taxi service on 208080808 - they got my name wrong first time I registered ... I'm now now Deppy. But who cares? It works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.