British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I dont know what to say (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-dont-know-what-say-834523/)

shiva May 22nd 2014 6:28 am

I dont know what to say
 
other than utter bollocks

http://gulfnews.com/business/economy...itor-1.1336196

"Dubai: IMD, a top-ranked global business school based in Switzerland, announced its annual world competitiveness ranking for 2014 in which the UAE retained its overall eighth position in the competitiveness ranking and topped in government efficiency.
As part of its ranking of 60 economies for 2014, the IMD World Competitiveness Centre also looks at perceptions of each country as a place to do business.
The US retains the No 1 spot in 2014, reflecting the resilience of its economy, better employment numbers, and its dominance in technology and infrastructure.
The UAE continued to be ranked above a number of developed economies such as Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Australia and UK and regional peers like Qatar, which was ranked 19 in the global competitiveness ranking."

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.13.../340395260.jpg

mikewot May 22nd 2014 6:30 am

Re: I dont know what to say
 
Have any of the children of the IMD board suddenly found rather large cash deposits in their bank accounts?

shiva May 22nd 2014 6:49 am

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11271154)
Have any of the children of the IMD board suddenly found rather large cash deposits in their bank accounts?

given the new social media laws i decline to comment

mikewot May 22nd 2014 7:14 am

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11271168)
given the new social media laws i decline to comment

So you will neither confirm nor deny my utterance?

Blue Cat May 22nd 2014 7:28 am

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11271168)
given the new social media laws i decline to comment

:rofl:

Bahtatboy May 22nd 2014 8:01 am

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11271186)
So you will neither confirm nor deny my utterance?

Shiva's right to be reticent.

Meow May 22nd 2014 8:55 am

Re: I dont know what to say
 
I actually logged on to see if anyone had posted about this - or to do so.

It's certainly an interesting conclusion.

OleJanx May 22nd 2014 10:20 am

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11271295)
I actually logged on to see if anyone had posted about this - or to do so.

It's certainly an interesting conclusion.

Interesting can have so many meanings....:D

Boomhauer May 23rd 2014 8:20 pm

Re: I dont know what to say
 
" UAE has most efficient government in the world"

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...ion=government

Interesting...

Beakersful May 29th 2014 4:04 pm

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11273570)
" UAE has most efficient government in the world"

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...ion=government

Interesting...

The comments even more effusing.....

Boomhauer May 29th 2014 6:50 pm

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by Beakersful (Post 11280697)
The comments even more effusing.....

Yeah I notice the adulation in the comments ; and looks like it is by folks from the SubContinent and Iran ...., never understood why some expat nationalities feel the need to do that.

Bahtatboy May 29th 2014 9:51 pm

Re: I dont know what to say
 

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11280952)
Yeah I notice the adulation in the comments ; and looks like it is by folks from the SubContinent and Iran ...., never understood why some expat nationalities feel the need to do that.

Because they have a far better life in UAE than they could at home. Simples.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.