British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I Can Watch UK And USA TV Abroad? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-can-watch-uk-usa-tv-abroad-682869/)

pkmember Aug 26th 2010 2:33 pm

I Can Watch UK And USA TV Abroad?

Hi

I've figured out how to watch UK and USA television abroad. I can access BBC iPlayer, Channel 4 OD, ITV player and even USA shows such as Lost on ABC all from an internet connection abroad. Its taken a lot of effort and money. Would this information be useful to any expats? If so, I'll set up a website with a step-by-step guide how to do it.

Let me know!

Also, has anyone else figured out a way of getting online TV whilst abroad? Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Paul

Millhouse Aug 26th 2010 2:37 pm

Re: I Can Watch UK And USA TV Abroad?

Originally Posted by pkmember (Post 8805067)
Hi

I've figured out how to watch UK and USA television abroad. I can access BBC iPlayer, Channel 4 OD, ITV player and even USA shows such as Lost on ABC all from an internet connection abroad. Its taken a lot of effort and money. Would this information be useful to any expats? If so, I'll set up a website with a step-by-step guide how to do it.

Let me know!

Also, has anyone else figured out a way of getting online TV whilst abroad? Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Paul

Wow Paul, that is amazing. I figured it out too. It took me no effort, and almost no money though... just a VPN!

benzonar Aug 26th 2010 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8805080)
Wow Paul, that is amazing. I figured it out too. It took me no effort, and almost no money though... just a VPN!

LOL.

I wonder if Paul is selling something - if so i'll have half a pound's worth.

Millhouse Aug 26th 2010 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8805491)
LOL.

Well I assumed that he is (or is on something). If he isn't, then I'm little red faced for the sarcastic comment...

seven seas Aug 27th 2010 6:31 am

strange poll- 100% would use it immediately, and 25% said not for me.:huh:

Roadking Aug 27th 2010 6:42 am

I'll believe anything me, so I ticked all the options... hope that helps.

MacScot Aug 27th 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by pkmember (Post 8805067)
Hi

Let me know!

Also, has anyone else figured out a way of getting online TV whilst abroad? Any information would be gratefully received

Thanks
Paul

Don't bother...you may alert the authorities in the Middle east who will read it and, as noted on BBC's Click program, accessing iPlayer by VPN is basically illegal as you are not paying the BBC licence. Let people find out for themselves or by asking around (or PM them if requested.

benzonar Aug 27th 2010 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 8807018)
Don't bother...you may alert the authorities in the Middle east who will read it and, as noted on BBC's Click program, accessing iPlayer by VPN is basically illegal as you are not paying the BBC licence. Let people find out for themselves or by asking around (or PM them if requested.

Ahh, but what if you do pay the BBC licence fee

MacScot Aug 27th 2010 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8807197)
Ahh, but what if you do pay the BBC licence fee

Well of course, all BEs with VPNs and accessing iPlayer have been paying their BBC licence fees...goes without saying. :rolleyes:

Meow Aug 28th 2010 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8805491)
LOL.

For definite. He's popped up on other forums with an identical message