Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I assumed this was sorted?

I assumed this was sorted?

Old Aug 14th 2010, 4:56 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice
Default Re: I assumed this was sorted?

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
No, only to use the sports facilities........However members were getting priority entrance to some of the World Cup games, at the beginning at least.
How much is it to join and use the gym? I am looking for a decent gym and dont wanna use fatness first.

Mind I am not sure I could get past the bar after a workout so maybe not a good idea
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Been meaning to visit that place but havent done so yet!! Can you park it that area?
Valet park darling :-)

If you have a drink, use safedrive to get you home :-)
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Valet park darling :-)

If you have a drink, use safedrive to get you home :-)
Don't use valet parking!

Only want to check out the food!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by glynster
How much is it to join and use the gym? I am looking for a decent gym and dont wanna use fatness first.

Mind I am not sure I could get past the bar after a workout so maybe not a good idea
2,500 but there could be an additional joining fee for the first year.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Don't use valet parking!
Why No?
I always use valet park at the hotels, who wants to park and walk in the summer!!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Why No?
I always use valet park at the hotels, who wants to park and walk in the summer!!
Generally a rip off! Seen some wanting 40 DHm/hr!
Old Aug 15th 2010, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I have never paid for valet park at hotels, just a tip for the driver :-)
Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:32 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

No, only to use the sports facilities........However members were getting priority entrance to some of the World Cup games, at the beginning at least.
Darn-tooting right we were.....!!!

I also believe they are serving slightly ahead of the official 7.30 start time...
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:22 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
thats right next to me, went once and had some beers and food - do you have to join to get in though?
The few times I've been to the JAC, I just walked in - though it was a Wednesday 8.30 pm quiz night (good quiz by the way). Only using the pub and not the gym, swimming pool, tennis courts or other facilities.

I think TGFKASE said that you might have to pay some cash at the door as a non-member but that get your money back on the first drink. I'll have to check with him.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MacScot
The few times I've been to the JAC, I just walked in - though it was a Wednesday 8.30 pm quiz night (good quiz by the way). Only using the pub and not the gym, swimming pool, tennis courts or other facilities.

I think TGFKASE said that you might have to pay some cash at the door as a non-member but that get your money back on the first drink. I'll have to check with him.

No, normally free and it was only some of the world cup games where non members had to buy a ticket that included a drink(s).
Old Aug 15th 2010, 7:33 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

No, normally free and it was only some of the world cup games where non members had to buy a ticket that included a drink(s).
Ah...that's what TGFKASE told me, I forgot that the World Cup was on at the time. The World Cup just a fading memory. Next time !
Old Aug 16th 2010, 6:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

No charge if you are spending money in the hotel
-
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:09 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, MacScot, I was referring to the WC games...

Jim, you weren't by any chance frequenting the Seamans in JAFZA yesterday afternoon???
Old Aug 16th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Aye, MacScot, I was referring to the WC games...

Jim, you weren't by any chance frequenting the Seamans in JAFZA yesterday afternoon???
No, never visited it in all my time here!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 9:17 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

No, never visited it in all my time here!
Jusr trying to cull the possible 'Jim Smith' people from the JARC.. Since you have never visited the Seaman's, that reduces the possibilities quite condiderably....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.