Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I assumed this was sorted?

I assumed this was sorted?

Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default I assumed this was sorted?

From todays Daily Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/7934439/Drinking-ban-for-Dubai-expats.html

This 4-6 stuff was going on in Bur Dubai a few months back but most if not all the places applying it seem to have reverted to continuous opening.

However it now seems to have raised it's head in Barsha. Perhaps a new policeman on the beat??
Old Aug 13th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I assumed this was sorted?

Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
From todays Daily Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/7934439/Drinking-ban-for-Dubai-expats.html

This 4-6 stuff was going on in Bur Dubai a few months back but most if not all the places applying it seem to have reverted to continuous opening.

However it now seems to have raised it's head in Barsha. Perhaps a new policeman on the beat??
Nezesaussi (sic?) in the Al Manzil, apply this rule, or certainly were doing so. In fairness at quarter to 4 the bar staff told everyone and let you stock up, they'd even keep your beer chilled for you if you asked nicely! It's still a pain in the hoop though.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx View Post
Nezesaussi (sic?) in the Al Manzil, apply this rule, or certainly were doing so. In fairness at quarter to 4 the bar staff told everyone and let you stock up, they'd even keep your beer chilled for you if you asked nicely! It's still a pain in the hoop though.

Been meaning to visit that place but havent done so yet!! Can you park it that area?
Old Aug 13th 2010, 11:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Your link doesn't seem to work for me. If it's about no alcohol being served between 4-6pm, what's new? Quite happy to wait until after Iftar and keep the locals happy.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 12:21 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Your link doesn't seem to work for me. If it's about no alcohol being served between 4-6pm, what's new? Quite happy to wait until after Iftar and keep the locals happy.
I've been toa few bars in the last month that won't serve between 4-6.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you copy and paste, it does. Not sure why it doesnt directly. Perhaps because I coloured it blue?? Sorry if that is the case.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Earlier some of the bars I visit seem to have removed the notice saying no alcohol served between 4-6. Doesn't bother me as if I want to drink at that time it is usually at Jebal Ali CLub which isn't a problem.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Been meaning to visit that place but havent done so yet!! Can you park it that area?
You're best bet for parking would just be to use Dubai Mall or Souk al Bahar I think, it's only a short walk from there. I like it, the foods good, nice atmosphere and lots of telly's with sport on.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:43 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Earlier some of the bars I visit seem to have removed the notice saying no alcohol served between 4-6. Doesn't bother me as if I want to drink at that time it is usually at Jebal Ali CLub which isn't a problem.
Probably seen me then.... Usually there 4-6 most days......!!!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:13 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Both Al Manzil Souk and Souk al Bahar have plenty of parking...
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:24 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Prior to Monday night quiz nights and to avoid heavy SZR traffic I used to go early to Aussie Legends/St. Andrews Bar last year until they shut between 4-6 pm. Then moved to the Boston Bar (Rotana Jumeirah) but that too stopped serving alcohol between 4 and 6 pm. So gave up. However, not a problem now that SZR peak traffic if free-running between the Marina and Satwa...so can go to bars after 6 pm.

Though of late I've been going to the Jebel Ali Club (since I found it - can't believe I've been here 4 years and not been before !) but not as yet before 6pm.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx View Post
You're best bet for parking would just be to use Dubai Mall or Souk al Bahar I think, it's only a short walk from there. I like it, the foods good, nice atmosphere and lots of telly's with sport on.
Thanks. Will look in after the holiday season!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TGFKASE View Post
Probably seen me then.... Usually there 4-6 most days......!!!
Almost certainly!!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 9:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot View Post
Prior to Monday night quiz nights and to avoid heavy SZR traffic I used to go early to Aussie Legends/St. Andrews Bar last year until they shut between 4-6 pm. Then moved to the Boston Bar (Rotana Jumeirah) but that too stopped serving alcohol between 4 and 6 pm. So gave up. However, not a problem now that SZR peak traffic if free-running between the Marina and Satwa...so can go to bars after 6 pm.

Though of late I've been going to the Jebel Ali Club (since I found it - can't believe I've been here 4 years and not been before !) but not as yet before 6pm.
thats right next to me, went once and had some beers and food - do you have to join to get in though?
Old Aug 14th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
thats right next to me, went once and had some beers and food - do you have to join to get in though?
No, only to use the sports facilities........However members were getting priority entrance to some of the World Cup games, at the beginning at least.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.