Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I apologize in advance..

I apologize in advance..

Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:07 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I apologize in advance..

Maybe I take my views from my father, he has never said a cross word to a German in his life and indeed has never shown any outward disregard towards Germans.

But I do know that inside he does harbour a lot of anger and hurt because (like others on both sides) he was denied ever meeting his father. And he has said on occassion that even now, he just can't take to Germans.

Now for the 'love me please' brigade on here, the majority who have called me indirectly a twat and a moron etc is my father a moron or a twat because of this?

And yes I do apologise for my remarks to Alexa, I should not have lambasted her country, its not Germany's fault she is one of them.

Now as you were people, back to your nicey nicey bullshit...wub wub
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

simple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to all

Reading the last few posts.................at the end of the day we all experience things differently and those experiences mould the person. If for example i was attacked by a Jack Russell but loved by an Alsatian then i would naturally dislike Jack Russells as experience teaches me they are not nice. Experience's can be "posted" into the psyche 2nd hand as it were and hence the feeling and emotions that many people still have regarding that period of history is felt by the next generation but less so with the next etc etc (and yes i am at least one or two generations removed)

Everyone's opinion is valid and acceptable to that person and possibly many others, the way that opinion is taken and interpreted is not the fault of the opinion holder but the opinion receiver, it is very much like (I think Eva's) Objection tag line....

Anyway sounds like i am preaching, i love everyone (only through the ether as i am an ugly bast**d and people run away quick in real life) and hope i haven't offended................again!!!

Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Maybe I take my views from my father, he has never said a cross word to a German in his life and indeed has never shown any outward disregard towards Germans.

But I do know that inside he does harbour a lot of anger and hurt because (like others on both sides) he was denied ever meeting his father. And he has said on occassion that even now, he just can't take to Germans.

Now for the 'love me please' brigade on here, the majority who have called me indirectly a twat and a moron etc is my father a moron or a twat because of this?

And yes I do apologise for my remarks to Alexa, I should not have lambasted her country, its not Germany's fault she is one of them.

Now as you were people, back to your nicey nicey bullshit...wub wub
You just can't help yourself....can you? Where ever you find me, you have to start fighting with me...no matter what I do or say, you always find a way to be unpleasant to me....why? What have I done to you?
If it is a bit of banter, fine, I enjoy that...and as you know, I give at least as good as I get. But you....you have to take it further, every time.

You are a very unpleasant individual, indeed!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:53 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Wub wub..you don't have a clue about me alexa lou. Don't think or kid yourself that you do..

Leave it at that..your plain wierd in my opinion.

Let's push the ignore button on eachother and get on with it...

Ps I sat in a meeting with 5 Germans this afternoon. Smashing guys and I am going for a pint with them this week. I wouldn't trust the ****ers though
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simple2204
Reading the last few posts.................at the end of the day we all experience things differently and those experiences mould the person. If for example i was attacked by a Jack Russell but loved by an Alsatian then i would naturally dislike Jack Russells as experience teaches me they are not nice. Experience's can be "posted" into the psyche 2nd hand as it were and hence the feeling and emotions that many people still have regarding that period of history is felt by the next generation but less so with the next etc etc (and yes i am at least one or two generations removed)

Everyone's opinion is valid and acceptable to that person and possibly many others, the way that opinion is taken and interpreted is not the fault of the opinion holder but the opinion receiver, it is very much like (I think Eva's) Objection tag line....

Anyway sounds like i am preaching, i love everyone (only through the ether as i am an ugly bast**d and people run away quick in real life) and hope i haven't offended................again!!!

For an accountant,you have a very nice way with words.....
I pinched the tagline from Autonomy-I truly believe the sentiment.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:01 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Do they know you feel that way, commander?

Personally speaking, I lived in Germany for 15 years on and off and found the country to be pleasant and the people to be friendly on the whole. There were tosser, morons and twats amongst their numbers, are there are in every country.

I like to think that I try my best not to judge people by their nationality but on an individual basis. Is that too nicey nicey? My own father has some outdated racist views and I accept that it is a generational thing, and can understand why he would have a problem with certain nationalities because of his time in HM Forces, but they certainly don't colour mine.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Jun 9th 2009 at 5:03 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Wub wub..you don't have a clue about me alexa lou. Don't think or kid yourself that you do..

Leave it at that..your plain wierd in my opinion.

Let's push the ignore button on eachother and get on with it...

Ps I sat in a meeting with 5 Germans this afternoon. Smashing guys and I am going for a pint with them this week. I wouldn't trust the ****ers though
You know what, I am not even upset despite your rudeness. But, as much as i like this forum, and have been here for a while, i am tired of being put down by you all the time...just because you think I am "weird".

Ignoring each other won't solve anything, this is a forum, people are supposed to talk to each other, not ignore each other, and since you are not able to do this in an acceptable manner to me, I will go. It's your turf, not mine.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:09 pm
banned

Oh don't be so silly..don't go this is not my 'turf'...

Let's drop all the WW2 and german stuff and move along.

And LJ, they are my client so of course I won't tell them that. I don't trust them because they are arrogant pricks, not because the are German..maybe
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

simple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eva
For an accountant,you have a very nice way with words.....
I pinched the tagline from Autonomy-I truly believe the sentiment.
Stereotyping accountants now tut tut

Thank you though
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:15 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

And LJ, they are my client so of course I won't tell them that. I don't trust them because they are arrogant pricks, not because the are German..maybe
I have met some reet arrogant Dutch people...

Oh, and The Germans episode of Fawlty Towers is the best half hour of comedy ever.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:17 pm
banned

And LJ, I hardly think my dad has any outdated racist views....he doesn't know who blew up his dads tank, he only knows it was a german. But read my post, he has never been rude, racist or anything..internally he just can't really 'take' to Germans and I have no beef with that.

My personal views of Germans come from my time in the forces and other experiences since. I have met absolutely tonnes of brilliant germans.in fact they are mega efficient engineers
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simple2204

lol

I was bit by a great dane once, had 30 stitches, little fker nearly took my head off.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes...and then? you'll just have a go at me when ever I stick my head out....no matter what I say...just because it is "weird alexa"....you patronizing git you....
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
lol

I was bit by a great dane once, had 30 stitches, little fker nearly took my head off.
We used to have one..................his bed was bigger than mine at the time
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:29 pm
Excess Baggage

And LJ, I hardly think my dad has any outdated racist views....he doesn't know who blew up his dads tank, he only knows it was a german. But read my post, he has never been rude, racist or anything..internally he just can't really 'take' to Germans and I have no beef with that.

My personal views of Germans come from my time in the forces and other experiences since. I have met absolutely tonnes of brilliant germans.in fact they are mega efficient engineers
Fair enough, maybe saying "outdated racist views" wasn't really appropriate. My old man has a mistrust of the Irish from his time in Ulster and, like I said, it's perfectly understandable. Not right, but understandable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.