Old Mar 19th 2011, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am a petty little man

what a mauling
Attached Thumbnails I am a petty little man-00045dfa-640.jpg  
Old Mar 19th 2011, 8:00 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am a petty little man

didnt see it but saw the score and had a trouser accident.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Wasn't surprised. They wanted it more, we couldn't be bothered or manage to get going and were deservedly beaten.

There is a train of thought that the small nations are only in the 6 Nations to beat England and France so really, today was Ireland's World Cup Final.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

more to the point, does anyone else think Jonathan Davies is the most biased commentator in the world?

(BBC for those who are wondering)
Old Mar 20th 2011, 4:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We are vastly over-rated anyway. The best of a very poor bunch of northern hemisphere teams, all of whom will get murdered in the upcoming world cup.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 5:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sross2203
Wasn't surprised. They wanted it more, we couldn't be bothered or manage to get going and were deservedly beaten.

There is a train of thought that the small nations are only in the 6 Nations to beat England and France so really, today was Ireland's World Cup Final.
I don't follow that train of thought, seeing as since the 6 nations began 10 years ago Ireland are second only to France in terms of wins and we have the current highest points and try scorers
Never mind all the Heineken cup wins

..and this the fourth sport in Ireland, comes a distant fourth after gaelic football, hurling and football.

anyhow to (strangely) agree with Lionheart we all will get thumped by the southern teams, as usual.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
We are vastly over-rated anyway. The best of a very poor bunch of northern hemisphere teams, all of whom will get murdered in the upcoming world cup.
You just have to watch the Super 15's and competitions like the Currie Cup to see how advanced Club Rugby is in the Southern Hemisphere.

It is the No1 national sport in a lot of these countries as well , i can't see the Rugby World Cup throwing up too many surprises though but you never know.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. I thought a few weeks ago progress was being made but yesterday highlighted our considerable shortcomings.

Taking nothing away from a very deserved Irish victory, if we play like that against the likes of New Zealand or South Africa we would get absolutely mullered.

Disappointing.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

You could see it was in the cards in just the way the two teams sang the national anthems. THe Irish boys were well up for it, we weren't. Pressure situation and we bottled it. Well done to Ireland, great performance.

Should make an interesting WC. In recent years, NZ seem to throw a right wobbler when they make the knock outs, England somehow seem to pull of a shock result, so although I also expect the southern teams to dominate, I still think there will be an odd surprise or two.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:54 pm
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

Go Jamaicans.

Go mon, go...

U.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:36 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
Very good.

I'm sure we'll live with just the Calcutta Cup and the Championship as a whole though, Grand Slams are lovely but I'm happy with or without it...

I'd rather have lost to Scotland than Ireland though. Richie Gray is going to make an incredible player in years to come.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scamp
Very good.

I'm sure we'll live with just the Calcutta Cup and the Championship as a whole though, Grand Slams are lovely but I'm happy with or without it...

I'd rather have lost to Scotland than Ireland though. Richie Gray is going to make an incredible player in years to come.
I thought that you are used to being beaten by Ireland now.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by weasel central
I thought that you are used to being beaten by Ireland now.
Why on earth would that be? We have a pretty good record against the Irish...

Eng vs Ire
Played 124
Won 70
Lost 46
Drawn 8
For 1463
Against 1014
Win % 56.45

BUT, you can have your glory this year, you were better on the day. I'd be more concerned about what happens when everyone realises that Sexton isn't actually that good and when BOD decides to retire...which he needs to soon, not got the pace he used to have which is a shame because his brain just gets sharper.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why on earth would that be? We have a pretty good record against the Irish...

Eng vs Ire
Played 124
Won 70
Lost 46
Drawn 8
For 1463
Against 1014
Win % 56.45

BUT, you can have your glory this year, you were better on the day. I'd be more concerned about what happens when everyone realises that Sexton isn't actually that good and when BOD decides to retire...which he needs to soon, not got the pace he used to have which is a shame because his brain just gets sharper.
interesting stats, but more relevantly when you don't go back into the annals of history we have beaten you 7 out of the last 8 games.

but yes historically since rugby was invented you have a better record

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.