Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I am not a finance bod but....

I am not a finance bod but....

Old May 4th 2009, 4:11 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am not a finance bod but....

Originally Posted by busybee2
so thats another 10k GBP a year worse off each child approx yes i think that there defo will be more people leaving.
You cannot be serious. My daughter's school intends raising fees by 9% in September but that will only mean an extra AED1,100 per YEAR so where on earth do your kids go?
Old May 4th 2009, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I don't buy this profit -v- non profit, they all charge the same so what difference does it make?
To our pockets - nothing - but at least you know any excess is going back into the school and not just lining the pockets of some greedy t0sser....

You cannot be serious. My daughter's school intends raising fees by 9% in September but that will only mean an extra AED1,100 per YEAR so where on earth do your kids go?
She's trying to saying that's how much she'll have to fork out now she doesn't get school fees paid - not that that's how much the increase will cost her.
Old May 4th 2009, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
To our pockets - nothing - but at least you know any excess is going back into the school and not just lining the pockets of some greedy t0sser....

She's trying to saying that's how much she'll have to fork out now she doesn't get school fees paid - not that that's how much the increase will cost her.
what i am trying to say if now you have to pay 51k a year which was paid by company before but may now not be the case, times 2 then thats another 100k knocked off your salary
Old May 4th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

what i am trying to say if now you have to pay 51k a year which was paid by company before but may now not be the case, times 2 then thats another 100k knocked off your salary
Which at the moment is almost 20kGBP a year, so not funny....
Old May 4th 2009, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yeh thats my point.
Old May 4th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

yeh thats my point.
I know!
I'm just trying to explain it to all the bods who thought your school fees were increasing bythat amount!
Old May 4th 2009, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

doh! well technically they could be for some people, if you were not paying them before and now you are paying them.....
Old May 4th 2009, 11:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
this is a school in ad, which over the last three years has raised it 46% and the moe ruling is that they are only allowed to do 5% every two years or 20% every 3 unless they get special permission, but now they seem to be getting "special" permission all the time.

Hmmm, interesting. I would like to look into writing about that. Can you PM me the school name? Thanks

-
Old May 4th 2009, 2:35 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Hmmm, interesting. I would like to look into writing about that. Can you PM me the school name? Thanks

-
good idea Meow, name and shame em I say
Old May 5th 2009, 5:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

Still waiting for a name....

-
Old May 5th 2009, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
i think you will find all schools are doing it , not just one or two.

Maybe a general article would be fairer

Happy days!