Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I am not a finance bod but....

I am not a finance bod but....

Old May 3rd 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am not a finance bod but....

Just had notification that a certain well known expat school in AD is raising the school fees by 1570 a term, surely with peeps losing their jobs and expats with kids whose school fees are paid by the company being directly targeted is not a good move....
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:57 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I am not a finance bod but....

Originally Posted by annacarna
Just had notification that a certain well known expat school in AD is raising the school fees by 1570 a term, surely with peeps losing their jobs and expats with kids whose school fees are paid by the company being directly targeted is not a good move....
perhaps they're anticipating less students next school year and are spreading the cost over those who remain?
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
perhaps they're anticipating less students next school year and are spreading the cost over those who remain?
Yes prob but that wont help the remaining parents who may well be on their employees hit list if the company has to fork out for the additional fees. Companies are reducing costs and salaries and such not giving increases
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I don't have kids but that sounds like a hell of an increase when it appears to be moving more towards a "parent's market" with the amount of exiting families. It doesn't sound like a wise move, unless all the other schools do it as well?!
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:11 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Well I don't have kids but that sounds like a hell of an increase when it appears to be moving more towards a "parent's market" with the amount of exiting families. It doesn't sound like a wise move, unless all the other schools do it as well?!
Alot of schools will be doing it due to the fact alot of students won't be re-enrolling and they wanna cover up there loss.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Not sure if the other schools in AD are doing it, but it just doesn't seem sensible with companies cutting costs all around.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Not sure if the other schools in AD are doing it, but it just doesn't seem sensible with companies cutting costs all around.
I have heard the same about schools here in Dubai, we haven't got our fees for next year yet but I can bet you anything they are increased. They are fools to themselves the schools. I even went and spoke to our Deputy Head about the situation, tried to explain that a bit of compassion towards the parents at this time would go a long way with regards to their reputation. Unfortunately the owner of the school doesn't see it that way. They are making an absolute fortune these schools.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have heard the same about schools here in Dubai, we haven't got our fees for next year yet but I can bet you anything they are increased. They are fools to themselves the schools. I even went and spoke to our Deputy Head about the situation, tried to explain that a bit of compassion towards the parents at this time would go a long way with regards to their reputation. Unfortunately the owner of the school doesn't see it that way. They are making an absolute fortune these schools.
Yes a certain Mr some1 is not happy that his new school is not allowed to raise the fees. Kicking up a right stink.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seraphnina
Yes a certain Mr some1 is not happy that his new school is not allowed to raise the fees. Kicking up a right stink.
would that be the lovely Mr Varkey by any chance
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

They are making an absolute fortune these schools.
But the school Anna is talking about is not-for-profit....
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
would that be the lovely Mr Varkey by any chance
The one and only.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I don't buy this profit -v- non profit, they all charge the same so what difference does it make?
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
they have to pay for their new "coaches" dont you think.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by busybee2
they have to pay for their new "coaches" dont you think.
Wont that be a separate fee?
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

also heard today that a "certain" construction company in AD is now not paying school fees too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.