British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Humans could be sent to Mars one-way (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/humans-could-sent-mars-one-way-691332/)

coffindodger Oct 28th 2010 2:07 pm

Humans could be sent to Mars one-way

Hey we could send a few thousand of these brain dead muppets from here, dont think any one will notice they are mssing.

Humans could be sent to Mars one-way as part of Nasa plans to permanently colonise other planets.

Scientists have confirmed that they are looking into the possibility sending astronauts to other planets by 2030.
It would take the volunteers nine months to get to the red planet, and they would leave knowing they would never see Earth again.

That is because it would cost too much to fly them back.

The mission, titled Hundred Years Starship, is likely to cost something in the region of £7 billion, and it is relying on grants and donations. The world's billionaires have reportedly been asked to contribute.

http://itn.co.uk/8f204ae9b58b19a1d559d410545b79c1.html

Millhouse Oct 28th 2010 2:50 pm

Re: Humans could be sent to Mars one-way

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8947659)
Hey we could send a few thousand of these brain dead muppets from here, dont think any one will notice they are mssing.

Humans could be sent to Mars one-way as part of Nasa plans to permanently colonise other planets.

Scientists have confirmed that they are looking into the possibility sending astronauts to other planets by 2030.
It would take the volunteers nine months to get to the red planet, and they would leave knowing they would never see Earth again.

That is because it would cost too much to fly them back.

The mission, titled Hundred Years Starship, is likely to cost something in the region of £7 billion, and it is relying on grants and donations. The world's billionaires have reportedly been asked to contribute.

http://itn.co.uk/8f204ae9b58b19a1d559d410545b79c1.html

The last thing we need to do is create another Australia

Sherlock Holmes Oct 28th 2010 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8947765)
The last thing we need to do is create another Australia

Oi! :rofl:

coffindodger Oct 28th 2010 2:54 pm

:D:lol:

hnd Oct 28th 2010 8:06 pm

May I suggest the names of proposed passengers on this flight?
Or is this not allowed?

kittycat1 Oct 29th 2010 5:39 am

do it HND

hnd Oct 29th 2010 9:49 am

Simon Cowell
Anybody on any of the so-called celebrity lists - all of them from A -Z
The England Football Team and Manager
Peter Mandelson
Any politician anywhere in the world who is corrupt which wouldn't leave many - no bad thing
Mr & Mrs Bliar (sic)
Oh, did I mention Simon Cowell?

Before I go any further, how many places are there on this space mission? If space is limited I may have to adjust my list.

Bahtatboy Oct 29th 2010 11:50 am

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 8948246)
May I suggest the names of proposed passengers on this flight?
Or is this not allowed?

We're still trying to guess what his name is.

Norsk-also Oct 29th 2010 12:16 pm

I like it, except I see a potential problem pertaining to a future genocide of the ofspring of these new mars dwellers should we ever find accessible means of travelling the distance.

hnd Oct 29th 2010 2:11 pm

But if Mars is entirely populated by numpties, muppets and Simon Cowell why would anybody else want to go there?

Norsk-also Oct 29th 2010 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 8949462)
But if Mars is entirely populated by numpties, muppets and Simon Cowell why would anybody else want to go there?

Well..this is true. But taking lessons from human behaviour on earth, I can confirm that the presence of morons does not stop someone from going somewhere, if only to take the piss.

Bahtatboy Oct 29th 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 8949462)

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Sherlock Holmes Oct 29th 2010 2:30 pm

HR staff.

hnd Oct 29th 2010 7:45 pm

Ah, but I guess Richard Branson may decide to provide package holidays on his Intergaltic Spaceship. Go and see the freaks on Mars! You'd just have to make sure you could get back again ...

And, of course, Martians could (and should) reject the import of all these Earth rejects. But with a bit of luck they may take pity on us and send them off somewhere else ... Uranus!

Millhouse Oct 30th 2010 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8949202)
We're still trying to guess what his name is.

haha!

I think we should limit it to just Ethos and MataHati - I have no problem with either of them - I just want to see the 'last man, last women' experiment play out and they always seem to get along so well.