HSBC Credit Card Fraud

Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:22 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC Credit Card Fraud

A couple of days before xmas got a call from HSBC to say that one of our UAE cards had been used for several transactions in the UK earlier in the day and were just verifying that we were there. Turned out someone had somehow copied hubbys card and had gone on a pre xmas shopping trip to Argos, Tesco etc etc and spent about Dhs 11k (nice of us to subsidise xmas shopping!!).

We had to fill out fraud claim form and fax it through, hadn't heard anything from them so decided to contact them today and they confirmed that the money had been credited back to us on 4th Jan.

So just thought Id post as everyone is always slating them that on this occasion they were very efficient.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC Credit Card Fraud

Originally Posted by Fairydust
A couple of days before xmas got a call from HSBC to say that one of our UAE cards had been used for several transactions in the UK earlier in the day and were just verifying that we were there. Turned out someone had somehow copied hubbys card and had gone on a pre xmas shopping trip to Argos, Tesco etc etc and spent about Dhs 11k (nice of us to subsidise xmas shopping!!).

We had to fill out fraud claim form and fax it through, hadn't heard anything from them so decided to contact them today and they confirmed that the money had been credited back to us on 4th Jan.

So just thought Id post as everyone is always slating them that on this occasion they were very efficient.
great result! same happened to us last year, someone was living it up on our card in Italy! it all got sorted real quick though
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

scarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of light

Same thing happened to me last year in the UK.

For some godforsaken reason, somebody cloned my card and used it in an....yes wait for it.......Estate Agents in Chelmsford!

HBOS however, were a little longer in crediting my account, but got there in the end.

Goes to show the level of intelligence of would be thieves these days!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfanagain
Same thing happened to me last year in the UK.

For some godforsaken reason, somebody cloned my card and used it in an....yes wait for it.......Estate Agents in Chelmsford!

HBOS however, were a little longer in crediting my account, but got there in the end.

Goes to show the level of intelligence of would be thieves these days!
Intelligent thieves??

Oh yes........... a few years ago, my brother-in-law (who makes Sylvester Stallone look like an Oxfam appeal poster) had his credit card number 'borrowed' - he noticed on his statement that theatre and cinema tickets were being bought using his card.

He phoned up one of the theatres and tried to find out whatever information he could, only to discover that the thieves had paid to see a performance that was still a week or so away!!!

Come the night, he simply went to the theatre, and waited.............

Apparently it was quite a spectacular performance.............

........... the play wasn't bad either............

Last edited by The Dean; Jan 16th 2009 at 3:49 am. Reason: y