Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:37 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hows everyones relaxing Sunday?

Originally Posted by Raaj
Yes I looked around first I have seen you people sharing meeting eachother .. and i need the friends so i joined I might get some good friends.. so far everyone is so good to me ..
Good...they are a nice bunch on here ... that's why I pop in ever so often, even though I am in Australia

Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Raaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Good...they are a nice bunch on here ... that's why I pop in ever so often, even though I am in Australia

Thats gud. too hear.. so you from Melbourne.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:54 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Thats gud. too hear.. so you from Melbourne.
Originally from England, but have been in Melbourne for nearly 3 years.
Absolutely love it here, it's a wonderful country

What about you?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Raaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really niceRaaj is just really nice

Originally from England, but have been in Melbourne for nearly 3 years.
Absolutely love it here, it's a wonderful country

What about you?
Well originally from Pakistan but living n working in Dubai...its also a cool place but not that much like Melbourne.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:37 pm
Australian Citizen

Well originally from Pakistan but living n working in Dubai...its also a cool place but not that much like Melbourne.
lol...probably not! I have never been to Dubai.... except through the airport..

Have you ever been to Australia?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
It's quite pleasant. It is surrounded by lovely-looking mountains (which I will drive to once I get a car). It does need work on it - there are potholes everywhere and some of the town looks quite scruffy, and the infrastructure still looks a bit communist-era (but hey, it costs 20p to ride the tram), but there are loads of restaurants and bars, with prices that take some believing (35p a pint), a couple of new shopping malls and quite a few nice old buildings and parks, etc. And with skiing an hour away in winter, and the black sea coast 4 hours away in summer, it is quite a nice place to live.

Oh yeah, and the women are stunning.
So have you invested in buying property there? They say that apartments are excellent value...unlike here in Dubai, where they are invariably fitted-out by illiterate farm labourers pretending to be craftsmen. I personally know of three instances where kitchens/bathrooms have flooded on the Pearl Island development within a month of completion thanks to dodgy workmanship.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

lol...probably not! I have never been to Dubai.... except through the airport..

Have you ever been to Australia?
no not really I wish i dan go to Australia coz i like Austrailia, America, United Kingdom and canada.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I am spending Sunday as I normally do, on my own for now but i have been very industrious and have now finished washing and ironing all my summer clothing ready to pack when get the word to go and join Al Ain Man although hopefully he will come home first to meet his new grandson due any time now. I also enjoy catch up with all the lovely people on this site some of whom i will meet very soon in person, you know who you are

The weather in UK not so bad at the moment although this morning was wet and windy. I was up at 3am to see the meteor rain but for a change it was cloudy and raining, I hope you guys may have seen it if there was not too much light polution.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:42 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
So have you invested in buying property there? They say that apartments are excellent value...unlike here in Dubai, where they are invariably fitted-out by illiterate farm labourers pretending to be craftsmen. I personally know of three instances where kitchens/bathrooms have flooded on the Pearl Island development within a month of completion thanks to dodgy workmanship.
I'm being cautious on that note. According to the people I've spoken to since arriving, it isn't as lucrative as rumoured, unless you're in for the long haul. Supply is increasing dramatically because they are developing like mad in the ski resorts and on the Black Sea coast. Still, the prices are low compared to most other places, so if you want somewhere as a holiday home, it isn't a bad place to look.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I'm being cautious on that note. According to the people I've spoken to since arriving, it isn't as lucrative as rumoured, unless you're in for the long haul. Supply is increasing dramatically because they are developing like mad in the ski resorts and on the Black Sea coast. Still, the prices are low compared to most other places, so if you want somewhere as a holiday home, it isn't a bad place to look.
I got a two bed on the black sea, it is really nice, www.barrasfordandbird.co.uk (I think) Sunny Beach Development. LJ when the summer season is over you can stay in it
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:34 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I got a two bed on the black sea, it is really nice, www.barrasfordandbird.co.uk (I think) Sunny Beach Development. LJ when the summer season is over you can stay in it
Cheers! I might well hold you to that.