Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"This Is How We Do Dubai"

"This Is How We Do Dubai"

Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:47 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default "This Is How We Do Dubai"

Ladies and gentlemen, feast your ears and eyes on this wonder:

(I'm sorry if you feel a little queasy now...)
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: "This Is How We Do Dubai"

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Ladies and gentlemen, feast your ears and eyes on this wonder:

(I'm sorry if you feel a little queasy now...)
There really is something worse than Country and Western Music!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolute load of bollocks!!!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:42 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

My ears started to bleed...
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Awful. Just awful.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

The brain screeched switch off within .2 of a second ....so why is it then that I insisted on listening to the whole 3 minutes 38 of it and following the lyrics at the bottom of the screen???

Oh yes I have bought it and the accompanying video for my ipod (NOT)
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

"At the end of the night
You'll need two bottles
And if you rub me the right way
We can go full throttle"

The Guardian music critic writes: this is in fact a post-modern reinterpretation of Shakespeare's famous verse:

"Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And Summer's lease hath all too short a date"

OK - I've got an idea......... I reckon between us, we can do better than that - we must have some recording and electronics skills between us, plus a 'vocalist' (doesn't need to be great)........ who's up for it?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Here she is:
Attached Thumbnails "This Is How We Do Dubai"-lauren-devine.jpg   "This Is How We Do Dubai"-lauren-devine-2.jpg  
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-trav...social_retweet

Conde Nast Traveler.......

The sonic catastrophe that is "This Is How We Do Dubai" only hit the Internet today, so it’s hard at this early stage to pick out highlights from Lauren Devine’s paean to the party capital of the United Arab Emirates. But the singer’s invitation to jump aboard her "sick black yacht" (presumably financed by one of her vice-funding "Russian gangster" pals) for some "sick tanning" certainly is alluring. Nice to see a "safe-sun" warning in there, too. But what the Dickens is a "Jacuzzi mattress," I wonder? Leave your answers below…

Last edited by The Dean; Jul 18th 2012 at 9:19 am. Reason: .
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Great, since listening to this I have been wandering around my flat singing this is how we do Dubai - not kidding - raging! :-)
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't stop Googling this girl..............

Hey, this is Lauren Devine, on the eve before my second single, This Is How We Do Dubai, drops. This Is How We Do Dubai is the song of the summer–about one of my favorite places, where it’s always summer! This Is How We Do Dubai is my journey of personal discovery and hedonistic fulfillment, to a futuristic land of beautiful people and wild parties. I hope you will join me on this journey, to Dubai, so you can experience how we do it.

And she's on Twitter.............
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:28 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-trav...social_retweet

Conde Nast Traveler.......

The sonic catastrophe that is "This Is How We Do Dubai" only hit the Internet today, so it’s hard at this early stage to pick out highlights from Lauren Devine’s paean to the party capital of the United Arab Emirates. But the singer’s invitation to jump aboard her "sick black yacht" (presumably financed by one of her vice-funding "Russian gangster" pals) for some "sick tanning" certainly is alluring. Nice to see a "safe-sun" warning in there, too. But what the Dickens is a "Jacuzzi mattress," I wonder? Leave your answers below…
A jacuzzi mattress....a description of a bed where lots of farting occurs, perhaps.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stop Googling this girl..............

Hey, this is Lauren Devine, on the eve before my second single, This Is How We Do Dubai, drops. This Is How We Do Dubai is the song of the summer–about one of my favorite places, where it’s always summer! This Is How We Do Dubai is my journey of personal discovery and hedonistic fulfillment, to a futuristic land of beautiful people and wild parties. I hope you will join me on this journey, to Dubai, so you can experience how we do it.

And she's on Twitter.............
Soooooo.... she tweets this and all the stupid people decide to drop everything and come to Dubai...only to find............. no booze/food/smoking during the day, no live music and no clubbing.. Hmmmm
Old Jul 18th 2012, 11:11 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

where it’s always summer!
I think she means it's always summer - except when it's summer. Then it's a sodding oven.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.