Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How to survive a full day in the office?

How to survive a full day in the office?

Old May 13th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

calipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nice
Default How to survive a full day in the office?

Stuck in the office all day today.
What things do you guys get away with instead of working? (Apart from the obvious BE of course).
Old May 13th 2008, 7:24 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to survive a full day in the office?

Try to disturb your colleagues
Old May 13th 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

calipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nice

Won't work ... mine are way beyond disturbed ....certifiable even.
Old May 13th 2008, 7:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calipso
What things do you guys get away with instead of working? (Apart from the obvious BE of course).
cups of tea
chatting to the lasses
facebook
bbc.co.uk
tribalfootball.com
skysports.co.uk
yahoo mails to mates back home
listening to my iPod

that sort of stuff...
Old May 13th 2008, 8:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you male or female?
Old May 13th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

cant find you on facebook spugsy

i pretty much do the same, go for a drive around the industrial area, and marvel at the sight of hundreds of cars in one pile with front end damage, and another pile of similar cars with rear end damage...then look at the dodgy garage that makes them a nice new undamaged car...

shocking, but passes the time...
Old May 13th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
Are you male or female?

My real name is Vikki Pollard.

I have been outed!
Old May 13th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

For 2 years - I surfed and reached the end of the internet universe in a mind numbingly boring job. That changed (with my new role) and for the past couple of months have been extremely busy with a lot more job satisfaction.

But I've decided to slow down a bit now (or face burn out before hitting 40). Try as hard as I might, doubt if I could ever be as incompetent as the vast majority at my work place

And for those of you complaining about shite customer service in banks here - I completely agree and sympathise with you.
Old May 15th 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Ed Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant future

Try having the 48th full day in the office in a row, when your job is supposed to involve being out and about on site, in meetings etc.

Before you know it you are looking for a new job locally. Then nationally .. and then you suddenly realise, 'lets try the UAE'.

Now I have never a dull moment as I try and organise my new life, and fortunately I have loads of admin to deal with for my new life.

2 weeks and counting!
Old May 15th 2008, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
For 2 years - I surfed and reached the end of the internet universe in a mind numbingly boring job. That changed (with my new role) and for the past couple of months have been extremely busy with a lot more job satisfaction.

But I've decided to slow down a bit now (or face burn out before hitting 40). Try as hard as I might, doubt if I could ever be as incompetent as the vast majority at my work place

And for those of you complaining about shite customer service in banks here - I completely agree and sympathise with you.
But Indie, I thought YOU worked for one of the local banks...?

Not that I'm blaming you for their incompetence or anything.........