Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How to sleep on the plane...?

How to sleep on the plane...?

Old May 22nd 2009, 3:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to sleep on the plane...?

excellent I normally take on a rather largish soft toy (for Mitten) then use it as a pillow
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

get some drowsy anti histimes, I took 2 last night for my mosquito bites and slept for 12 hours.
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:25 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Shiva, do you wear your fancy running shoes also?
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

a sleeping pill with a glass of wine and you're out for the count ... I did that from London to Houston - slept just as soon as the seatbelt bell went off. Oh and always take the last row in the centre of the plane ........ that's reserved for the flight crew to rest but they cannot get you to move, if you're a client. You can then pull up the arms of the seats, and lie down across the three seats; bingo you'll be snoring in no time !!

Done that lots of time - promise it works!
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Before a certain bunch of ****s ruined everything, flying was a great opportunity to meet people, network and chat.

Now everyone's so tense on planes...

BTW IF something was to go wrong, I would not want to be zonked out on whatever.

I'd hate to be the only fatality because I couldn't wake up in time to get on that liferaft...
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:33 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Shiva, do you wear your fancy running shoes also?

no cos i cant ****ing buy any in this god forsaken shithole
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:38 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Before a certain bunch of ****s ruined everything, flying was a great opportunity to meet people, network and chat.

Now everyone's so tense on planes...

BTW IF something was to go wrong, I would not want to be zonked out on whatever.

I'd hate to be the only fatality because I couldn't wake up in time to get on that liferaft...
there is nothing worse than getting on a plane, and the ****er next to you starts talking about total drivel, and irritates the life out of me....that and always being lumbered with 'bingo wings woman', who's fat arms ooze over the armrest onto your side...

there should be a special section on the plane for anyone who is overweight...i would always use the airline that implemented that rule

you want to be awake to jump on the liferaft...? How many crashes are there, where that actually happens....? Lets face it, 99.9%, go in the ground like a dart, and all the lifejackets, light and little whistle to attract passing ships' attention aint going to help you one iota
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:33 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
there is nothing worse than getting on a plane, and the ****er next to you starts talking about total drivel, and irritates the life out of me....that and always being lumbered with 'bingo wings woman', who's fat arms ooze over the armrest onto your side...

there should be a special section on the plane for anyone who is overweight...i would always use the airline that implemented that rule

you want to be awake to jump on the liferaft...? How many crashes are there, where that actually happens....? Lets face it, 99.9%, go in the ground like a dart, and all the lifejackets, light and little whistle to attract passing ships' attention aint going to help you one iota
I'm with you 100% here Bunglemouth.
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Flying in business always helps me to sleep.
Old May 23rd 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan

yep, networking on a plane - f@*k off. I want to get on and pass the 4/5/7/9 hours as quickly as possible without appeasing some person sat next to me that I have no interest in whatsoever.

Originally Posted by benzonar
Flying in business always helps me to sleep.
As for emirates business, I'd rather sit in the economy seats. The business class ones are rock hard and no comfort whatsoever.
Also the fact that the 'chicken or beef' brigade are constantly buzzing around with drinks, snacks, food, tampons, blow up dolls and the like, doesn't help. And it doesn't get you away from the family with the screaming brat who are sat 4 rows behind you in economy.

Give me a window seat right near the back of the plane, stick my bose headphones on and leave me alone.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:07 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by admon
yep, networking on a plane - f@*k off. I want to get on and pass the 4/5/7/9 hours as quickly as possible without appeasing some person sat next to me that I have no interest in whatsoever.

As for emirates business, I'd rather sit in the economy seats. The business class ones are rock hard and no comfort whatsoever.
Also the fact that the 'chicken or beef' brigade are constantly buzzing around with drinks, snacks, food, tampons, blow up dolls and the like, doesn't help. And it doesn't get you away from the family with the screaming brat who are sat 4 rows behind you in economy.

Give me a window seat right near the back of the plane, stick my bose headphones on and leave me alone.
heh, you're a miserable old get but I agree with you on both points 100%, I'm always right at the back on the 2 seaters, ipod on, couple of books and a few films.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:59 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
heh, you're a miserable old get but I agree with you on both points 100%, I'm always right at the back on the 2 seaters, ipod on, couple of books and a few films.
I always thought the back of the plane was the worst, being near toilets and galleys and so on, and noisier to boot. Over the wings is supposed to be best for least noise....could be misinformed, though...it has been known!
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:56 pm