British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How quiet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-quiet-692208/)

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 2:15 pm

How quiet?

Where is everyone these days? shame used to be such a good forum :( I know I went missing for a while but I never thought I would ever see it as quiet as this :)

The Dean Nov 4th 2010 2:20 pm

Re: How quiet?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8961419)
Where is everyone these days? shame used to be such a good forum :( I know I went missing for a while but I never thought I would ever see it as quiet as this :)

Shhhhhh!!!!

soukie Nov 4th 2010 2:21 pm

Yes, it's really quiet - even Commander is missing! Perhaps people have moved on to other countries. There have been a fair few job losses in UAE over the last few months.

Meow Nov 4th 2010 2:29 pm

For some reason many people are no longer posting, even though they are still around. I know - I bumped into two of them last night. ;)

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 2:31 pm

and Spugsy he would talk to a brick wall :wub:

Norsk-also Nov 4th 2010 2:37 pm

I thought these place was heaving when I first found it..about a week ago. You guys post more in a day than most ME forums post in a year. And not a single phone number given out in public asking for jobs, dates, friends, etc..

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Norsk-also (Post 8961470)
I thought these place was heaving when I first found it..about a week ago. You guys post more in a day than most ME forums post in a year. And not a single phone number given out in public asking for jobs, dates, friends, etc..

heaving! no way we used to have tons of posters and tons of threads, this is the quietest I have ever seen it

Sherlock Holmes Nov 4th 2010 2:42 pm

Fairly quiet in Oz too at the moment. A seasonal thing???

benzonar Nov 4th 2010 2:51 pm

Some of us have got the F1 to organise.....hence a tad busy.

lionheart Nov 4th 2010 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8961450)
and Spugsy he would talk to a brick wall :wub:

He is busy chatting on Facebook it seems.

Blue Cat Nov 4th 2010 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8961499)
Some of us have got the F1 to organise.....hence a tad busy.

cool!! some good acts coming I have to say :thumbup:

Autonomy Nov 4th 2010 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8961419)

I think forums in general are losing ground to our other vices... facebook, twitter, blogs et al.... that said - I keep posting / reading this forum as I do think forums work better than usual social media with the shared specific experience...

basically BC - you have described a usual social media path - forum user, learn about and then attracted to social media, stop forum posting, realise that social media does a lot but doesn't quite replace the forum that started the whole interest in social media... maybe?

seven seas Nov 4th 2010 6:49 pm

I can call someone a **** if you like- that might liven things up. Any volunteers?

MacScot Nov 4th 2010 6:49 pm

It is Thursday night. Beside, a lot of people seem to be much busier at work these days, economy seems to have picked up locally and globally.

Madam Medusa Nov 5th 2010 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8961447)
For some reason many people are no longer posting, even though they are still around. I know - I bumped into two of them last night. ;)

haha, so you did...were you still there when there was the glass shelf breaking incident...?

MM, xx