Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How often do you think about Death?

How often do you think about Death?

Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How often do you think about Death?

...In the absence of B Man I have decided to come back as Beard Bear.... I am going to consider this issue and give you some profound insight.....
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:35 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Am sure it would go ok, why wouldnt it ?
I now officially hate you.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:35 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear
...In the absence of B Man I have decided to come back as Beard Bear.... I am going to consider this issue and give you some profound insight.....
drop dead...
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:36 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

I mean your own death?

I find myself increasingly thinking about my own demise and realising that in my early 40's, I've probably had noticably more of my life than I have left.

It crosses my mind most days at the moment (maybe cos thats all you ever hear about on the news just now, what with the deaths of soldiers in Afghanistan, soldiers and police in N.Ireland / Jade Goody's imminent demise ...She's been afraid to sleep as she's scared she won't wake up....sod that !)

The horrible thing is thinking that if there is nothing on the other side (which there probably isnt) then thats it, nothing..... ever again ever ever!

Scary stuff indeed
i'm hazarding a guess here, but from chatting with some mates over the years, everyone seems to go through a point in their lives where they struggle with the mortality question. then, something else comes up and they get distracted. (you know, "ooh, shiney shiney!")

if it helps to try and break the thought pattern, (and maybe help you sleep) think about how much time you're wasting contemplating something that is a) inevitable, and b) no one has a fing clue about what happens after it. (religions/delusions aside)

(actually, there was a study kicked off last year about "out of body experiences" associated with people dying and being revived in casualty rooms. they proposed to put random pictures on the floor and see, when people "came back" if they could recall the pictures. i don't think the results are due for some time yet)
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:36 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Should we hold our breath ?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:37 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I now officially hate you.
Do I get a certificate ??
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:37 am
Hammer for Life

drop dead...
Christ and I thought you hated me....lol
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

drop dead...
You are insulting me.....grrrrrrrrr
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:39 am
hmmmm...nice

Do I get a certificate ??
sure...where would you like me to put it...
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:39 am
hmmmm...nice

Christ and I thought you hated me....lol
count yourself lucky...
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:40 am
hmmmm...nice

You are insulting me.....grrrrrrrrr
sorry....it was BangleMan (whose initials are BM come to think of it) that made me lose control for a second...it won't happen again
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:41 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by still.unsure
i'm hazarding a guess here, but from chatting with some mates over the years, everyone seems to go through a point in their lives where they struggle with the mortality question. then, something else comes up and they get distracted. (you know, "ooh, shiney shiney!")

if it helps to try and break the thought pattern, (and maybe help you sleep) think about how much time you're wasting contemplating something that is a) inevitable, and b) no one has a fing clue about what happens after it. (religions/delusions aside)

(actually, there was a study kicked off last year about "out of body experiences" associated with people dying and being revived in casualty rooms. they proposed to put random pictures on the floor and see, when people "came back" if they could recall the pictures. i don't think the results are due for some time yet)
I agree, there are times when you think about it more than others, but its not like it dominates my thoughts, I was just curious what people thought about it, as its generally a taboo subject, and often people say" Oooh no, I dont like to think about it' or something similar when asked or when it comes up in conversation
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:42 am
Hammer for Life

sure...where would you like me to put it...
I will let you decide.......should I bend over now ?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:43 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Bats literally drop dead when they die and bats fear old age too....

Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:43 am
Hammer for Life

sorry....it was BangleMan (whose initials are BM come to think of it) that made me lose control for a second...it won't happen again
I have that effect on women, they seem to lose control around me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.