British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How much work do you acutally do? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-much-work-do-you-acutally-do-760935/)

Scamp Jun 7th 2012 8:19 am

How much work do you acutally do?

I get accused regularly of cruising, doing 3.5 days a week of actual work....yet I can't be knocked on the end result.

So how much work do you lot actually do in a week?

mentalist Jun 7th 2012 8:29 am

Re: How much work do you acutally do?

Double what I did in Saudi but probably only two-thirds of what I did in the UK, at a guess, if that helps.

goonerseba Jun 7th 2012 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10105097)
I get accused regularly of cruising, doing 3.5 days a week of actual work....yet I can't be knocked on the end result.

I feel like i'm doing the job of at least 6 other "managers", the buck-passing and monkey-management here (KSA) is just shocking.

probably the same as UK but with less "frilly bits" around the edges.

britexpat76 Jun 7th 2012 8:58 am

As little as possible to get the desired result.............

Like today I am leaving at half 1 to go to a BBQ, But the guy is a Project Director here and ordered 3 pajero's off me. That counts as work right?

co durham boy Jun 7th 2012 9:03 am

That's akin to getting John Holmes to rate himself in the sack !

kittycat1 Jun 7th 2012 9:08 am

shitloads

jackthehat Jun 7th 2012 9:09 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10105106)
Double what I did in Saudi but probably only two-thirds of what I did in the UK, at a guess, if that helps.

Same here! Constant interruptions regarding Visas, Bank, Monkeypality Permits, etc. I can only make-up the lost time by doing 'Real Work' from home at Evenings and Weekends! - Then probably I am in excess of UK levels of productivity!

My constant challenge here is to get people to appreciate the difference between 'Attendance Time' and 'Productive Time!' Fingerprint Machines, and Bundy Clocks do not measure Productivity!

Beaverstate Jun 7th 2012 9:10 am

Work is slow, not as much as I'd like to.

TheShed Jun 7th 2012 9:56 am

As much as I need to to achieve the results which can be anywhere from a 30 hour week to 100 hour weeks including flights.

Summer time/Ramadan etc , I have trouble keeping busy past 2pm. :rofl:

weasel decentral Jun 7th 2012 10:04 am

This week something below **** all, as the amount of my posts here in this period would testify to.

Occupying my mind this week in the name of work:
How to secretly bad mouth one competing contractor to the client without them knowing it came from me.
Would working in Khartoum lose us work in South Sudan, and should only Christian guys from the company go there as representatives.
How to present a bill to the the Saudi foreign ministry for twice the original estimate cost, without pissing them off.

All this is rattling around in my head, while surfing the net, talking shit, drinking coffee and trying to get a dirty conversation going with some one on whatsapp.

Is this definable as work?

Scamp Jun 7th 2012 10:24 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10105232)
This week something below **** all, as the amount of my posts here in this period would testify to.

How to secretly bad mouth one competing contractor to the client without them knowing it came from me.
Would working in Khartoum lose us work in South Sudan, and should only Christian guys from the company go there as representatives.
How to present a bill to the the Saudi foreign ministry for twice the original estimate cost, without pissing them off.

All this is rattling around in my head, while surfing the net, talking shit, drinking coffee and trying to get a dirty conversation going with some one on whatsapp.

Err...YES.

You deserve a pay rise.

britexpat76 Jun 7th 2012 10:40 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10105232)

Anonymous E-mail from a spoof hotmail account??

Just send them all wearing crosses

They will have no ******* idea how much was estimated, and most probably who did the work

Standard

Absolutely, and I have solved all your problems. Hometime it is. Have a good weekend

weasel decentral Jun 7th 2012 10:54 am

^^
Well I need to badmouth the guy in such a way that it looks like I am concerned on the client's behalf. So the rumour is going to have to be generated 6 degrees away from him and then filter across (gathering legs I hope).

As for the rest, Sunday is another day.

My whatsapp conversation has taken a turn for the worse, apparently her penis is a hard as a rock right now. Do crossed lines still exist in the mobile phone era?

Scamp Jun 7th 2012 11:09 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10105290)
^^
Well I need to badmouth the guy in such a way that it looks like I am concerned on the client's behalf. So the rumour is going to have to be generated 6 degrees away from him and then filter across (gathering legs I hope).

As for the rest, Sunday is another day.

My whatsapp conversation has taken a turn for the worse, apparently her penis is a hard as a rock right now. Do crossed lines still exist in the mobile phone era?

Dunno, could be a massive hint that you're barking up the wrong legs...