Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How much can you drink?

How much can you drink?

Old Oct 26th 2017, 4:18 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much can you drink?

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Why on earth do you want to have more in the system to get to that point?
consider yourself the lucky one here who can get that buzz in a small time / money without burdening the body / liver with too much to do mate

I have done my fair share of college years blur so got that out of the system I guess. Havent puked in over a decade, I hate it! It sort of defeats the purpose of it all you know. 4 pints is my maximum as I never mix food with beer, and yes its only beer, except for those girly drinks, like watermelon / lime vodka types (yeah yeah yeah!) I like them
I have a system where I manage to finish up a bottle of water during the night without really waking up to do it, so by morning time I am hydrated enough to function properly AND bursting at the seams as well, so no hangovers.
Driving while. Well, I am not proud of it, but used to do it a lot in Pakistan. Honestly, and this is not a defense of it but, I never knew it could have serious consequences as there is no, and I mean no real awareness like ad campaigns etc of any kind to reach young men to educate them that is so so dangerous. I guess I got stupid lucky that I didnt die or kill anyone in those years (came very very close on the bike a few times though)
Would never even think about doing it now, here or anywhere for that matter, already have a lot of guilt to deal with as it is, dont need anymore ffs
Irish. I’m a great believer in people changing for the better. What you did was wrong but thankfully nobody got hurt. I don’t condone your actions but I do praise you for seeing the error of your ways and correcting them. Well done squire. .
Old Oct 26th 2017, 4:51 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

So a real time feed. I’ve been in the pub with Mrs Shed since 6, had 6 pints. Heading home for a pizza (ordered) and then we shall go to our local on the palm with our Dog (Frank) and probably I’ll have 3-4 depending whose there. I confidently expect to be up to take Frank to the Bark Park. (He loves it) around 6am and then back home and Compus Mente enough to order my new iPhone X at 11:01am.

Once ordered I’m off to the pub for a brunch with my mates.

FYI - I am 53 going on 17!!! 😭😭😭😭😭
Old Oct 30th 2017, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by BEVS
You drive? Do not drink.
You are tired. Do not drive.
You think speed is fun. Do it somewhere by yourself, off road.
You like to play cat and mouse. Weave in and out coz it makes you feel clever , swift, right on it , penile. **** right off. People die.
People like me get to have our lives changed.
Amen.

I can drink a fair bit if I try hard, normally 8-10 on a thursday night at the local, few shots, few shorts maybe. All lovely.

Midweek I avoid it though, more than 3 I know I've had a beer at work the next day so what's the point.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I had about 3/4 a bottle of chablis last night and feel a bit jaded, faded today....

My top tip is to have an alker seltzer before bed. It neutralises the wine so your stomach doesn't get irritated. My hangovers are a 10th of what they were.

I was a drink driver in my youth, utterly horrified by my behaviour now and haven't got behind the wheel with a sip of alcohol since 2004. Mid twenties till then i would have a glass of wine and drive but now, nothing at all, ever. It's been the best habit the UAE has given me full stop.

My best friend's uncle's last letter to his mother (1972) was how he was planning his NY day by hiring a driver to go to a lunch. He and the driver were killed when a drunk driver hit them.