British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-much-alcohol-does-take-you-have-hangover-881218/)

DXBtoDOH Aug 2nd 2016 10:06 am

Re: How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover?

How many of you have beer for breakfast?

I was on a holiday not long ago that involved Germans, Brits and Americans. The Germans happily had beer for breakfast, scandalising the Brits. The Brits had beer for lunch, scandalising the Americans, who wouldn't touch alcohol until at least 4 PM.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 2nd 2016 10:23 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12017827)
How many of you have beer for breakfast?

Every time I'm at an airport in the morning.

Millhouse Aug 2nd 2016 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12017843)

Why though? Never understood the need to drink before flying.

DXBtoDOH Aug 2nd 2016 10:27 am

That seems to be the only time Brits will drink beer in the morning, save for the genuine chavtastic alcoholics back in the UK.

But even I'm surprised by walking through Munich in the morning and seeing perfectly normal Germans having beer with their breafkast :unsure:

iggle Aug 2nd 2016 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12017845)

Helps me sleep on the plane and calm the nerves. I will be drinking Friday 6am in Skybar!!!!!!

Also, i wont drink until i've decided i wont work out on that particularly day. If i drink i've finished working out or given up on the idea of working out that day.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 2nd 2016 10:37 am

I only ever have 2 or 3 max. Otherwise end up needing to piss too much and when I'm in my seat I want to just stay there and not move.

But, it's tradition. Airport beers are not something to understand, they're something to enjoy.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12017846)
But even I'm surprised by walking through Munich in the morning and seeing perfectly normal Germans having beer with their breafkast :unsure:

That's just mental.

Leannmean Aug 2nd 2016 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12017230)
ugh!!
I once downed a full bottle of ouzo (one go on a dare) in college and needless to say that was the worst night of my life, I was lucky to have good friends who took care of me
but atleast I didnt have to go to the hospital, another guy did the same thing next week and they had to flush his stomach out and alcohol poisoning and emergency call to his dad in Pakiland :rofl::rofl: who came down the next day and walked into his dorm room which had a HUGE pyramid of J&B bottles just to show off haha! What a great day that was!

two things I can tell you for sure
1. If your kid can survive college these days, he/she is more smarter than you give them credit for
2. I never drank Ouzo again after that night, or arak, or ritzina or anything in that family :thumbsup:

Arak is nasty stuff man , I feel I want to hurl just from the smell .
full bottle of Ouzo :blink: ... damn ! that's some guts

here are some of my shameful drunk as a skunk moments : -

back in the day , I drank about 3/4 of JW Red label , neat , and I was only eating peanuts , I blanked out , then I was stuck in a vicious circle of projectile vomiting all over myself and getting back to sleep :zzz:. I didn't touch JW red ever again .

I was in a bar , drank about 5 or 6 pints of Stella then ordered a bottle of white wine , I drank almost half of it then I was throwing up all over myself in front of everybody there , I had to go back the next day to tip the waitress who cleaned after me :rofl:.

Once I was in a bar for Steak and wine , had a full bottle of red then ordered 4 additional glasses , this time, I made it to the toilet and vomited all over the seat , I remember my vomit had a very pleasing red color :nod: .

one positive aspect to projectile vomiting is that you don't get a hangover the next day :cool:.

Bahtatboy Aug 2nd 2016 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Leannmean (Post 12017861)
one positive aspect to projectile vomiting is that you don't get a hangover the next day :cool:.

Yeah, but your head must hurt from being repeatedly punched for being a twat, surely.

iggle Aug 2nd 2016 10:52 am

I was so drunk once from gin, i vomited in my washing machine thinking it was my toilet. They were in different rooms. ..

Millhouse Aug 2nd 2016 11:15 am

Originally Posted by iggle (Post 12017851)
Helps me sleep on the plane and calm the nerves.

ah, bless you iggs and your heebie jeebies.

jam25mack Aug 2nd 2016 1:03 pm

When I am away travelling I will quite happily drink in the morning..... after years of working days, nights and in different time zones by body doesn't care also I enjoy a good boozey daytime buzz. I'm not talking about getting hammered, just enjoying some beers in the sun.

co durham boy Aug 3rd 2016 3:28 am

I only drink Champagne when i fly as it's free

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 3rd 2016 4:42 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12018609)
I only drink Champagne when i fly as it's free

That, my friend, is because you've made it.
http://www.workwithdavidweber.com/Li...Money-Away.png

IKnowNothing Aug 3rd 2016 5:59 am

Because you can - in the same way 2014 Ramadan, I was living in Al Hamra, the yacht club bar opens at 6am, at 7am I was sat outside with a bacon (yes, propoer pork bacon) sarnie and a pint of Stella, not because I necessarily wanted Wifebeater, but because I could. In the UAE, In Ramadan.

IKnowNothing Aug 3rd 2016 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Leannmean (Post 12017861)
Arak is nasty stuff man , I feel I want to hurl just from the smell .
full bottle of Ouzo :blink: ... damn ! that's some guts

here are some of my shameful drunk as a skunk moments : -

back in the day , I drank about 3/4 of JW Red label , neat , and I was only eating peanuts , I blanked out , then I was stuck in a vicious circle of projectile vomiting all over myself and getting back to sleep :zzz:. I didn't touch JW red ever again .

I was in a bar , drank about 5 or 6 pints of Stella then ordered a bottle of white wine , I drank almost half of it then I was throwing up all over myself in front of everybody there , I had to go back the next day to tip the waitress who cleaned after me :rofl:.

Once I was in a bar for Steak and wine , had a full bottle of red then ordered 4 additional glasses , this time, I made it to the toilet and vomited all over the seat , I remember my vomit had a very pleasing red color :nod: .

Such a lightweight.