Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover?

How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover?

Old Aug 1st 2016, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover?

best hangover cure Alka Selzars - but apparently you can no longer get them in the UAE
Old Aug 1st 2016, 9:47 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
Everything about you screams out the number 2

2 pints and your wasted
2 minutes and your finished
2 slaps and your on the deck begging for your mum

(I will wait for the 'my mum'' comment)

Predictable prat
I would describe you as a great man in an era of small events.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
I would describe you as a great man in an era of small events.
I think I hit a nerve
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:05 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I think I hit a nerve
Well Lightbitter, if you want my comeback, you'll have to scrape it of your mums teeth!

Gross!! To far Iggles!!
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It took me 30+ years of serious pissartistry to work out that if you leave the booze in the bottle you don't get drunk and don't get hangovers !
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy

I was remember the advice of my first ever seasoned Irish General Foreman who used to utter the simple words of " Don't be a man at night and a boy in the morning !!!"

Wise words indeed

My boss says; "go out with the boys, get up with the boys".

Never sure if we're meant to sleep over or just not let each other down.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
Well Lightbitter, if you want my comeback, you'll have to scrape it of your mums teeth!

Gross!! To far Iggles!!
Grave f***ing now are we?
Old Aug 1st 2016, 12:10 pm
Banned

Grave f***ing now are we?
The Iggle Gets More Pie in a Week Than You Get in a Lifetime
Old Aug 1st 2016, 12:11 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Can recommend Boots Recovery sachets - the trick is to take one before bed and one as soon as you get up, and another later if required.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 12:25 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

One of these.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 2:48 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Let's go for a beer. I'll make sure you're hungover.
ha! done done and done mate!
but in all honesty I have developed this mental firewall / alarm system which shutsdown all systems when I start crossing the 'nice buzz' area. I am sure you know what I mean, there is this great utopia between 'just started' and 'About to retch', which all men know is the 'nice buzz' and all great men everywhere in the world, at any one time are trying to achieve that greatest of all feelings (only next to Iggle's mums' warm embrace)
and some achieve it and revel in it for some time and some overshoot it (again just like iggle's mum)
anyhoo, been 20 odd years since last I properly puked man, so can never get bombed. Even when I go to Doha etc for a proper out out night, firewall saves me from washroom disasters, but too bad that firewall hasnt got any control over my other actions like dialing old hotties or other activities etc

Originally Posted by Big_Show
Drinking what while you sleep? How does that work then?

I'm imagining some kind of hamster cage water bottle setup...
yeah, well you have the right idea, large bottle of water on the floor next to the bed, dont really wake up to drink it, just reach across and drink and then back to sleep, I assure you that it is pretty easy to get used to it and I double assure you that once you have mastered the art, you will thank me
plus bonus round for waking up in the morning and having a lot of water before you do anything else. I read that somewhere that waking up and drinking lots of water can be good for you.

Originally Posted by Leannmean
It might indeed help you with the headache in the morning but you'd face the problem of getting up at 4 am to take a piss and never be able to go back to sleep ( happens every time I drink more than 4 ) .
Well maybe once in a month, and that only if I havent timed myself properly before I go to sleep, otherwise I sleep through it all. Besides at this age, Im lucky to get 5-6 hours of sleep anyway man
Old Aug 1st 2016, 3:12 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Only ever once thrown up from booze, and I've been as hammered as you all. And that was on the coach on the way back from an office trip round the Greene King brewery, and I actually put it down to travel sickness rather than 9 pints of Abbot. All over my boss David Bailey, too. Well, he caught most of it in his newspaper, and was very good about it.

A whole bottle of sake will make me hungover for 2 days, mind.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 3:20 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

A whole bottle of sake will make me hungover for 2 days, mind.
ugh!!
I once downed a full bottle of ouzo (one go on a dare) in college and needless to say that was the worst night of my life, I was lucky to have good friends who took care of me
but atleast I didnt have to go to the hospital, another guy did the same thing next week and they had to flush his stomach out and alcohol poisoning and emergency call to his dad in Pakiland who came down the next day and walked into his dorm room which had a HUGE pyramid of J&B bottles just to show off haha! What a great day that was!

two things I can tell you for sure
1. If your kid can survive college these days, he/she is more smarter than you give them credit for
2. I never drank Ouzo again after that night, or arak, or ritzina or anything in that family
Old Aug 1st 2016, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I never drink during the week and have cut back at weekends due to training commitments . The hangovers are not great though i must say , they definitely get a lot harder as you clock up the years.

When i'm out though I'm " Out Out " , there's no half measures for me , i don't see the point in having two pints ,I'm staring down the barrel of eight plus .

I was remember the advice of my first ever seasoned Irish General Foreman who used to utter the simple words of " Don't be a man at night and a boy in the morning !!!"

Wise words indeed
I like it, all or nothing!
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 9:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I really like sake but have barely touched it since a sake brunch early last year when I may have overdone it slightly...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.