Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover?

How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover?

Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much alcohol does it take for you to have a hangover?

How many of you have beer for breakfast?

I was on a holiday not long ago that involved Germans, Brits and Americans. The Germans happily had beer for breakfast, scandalising the Brits. The Brits had beer for lunch, scandalising the Americans, who wouldn't touch alcohol until at least 4 PM.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
How many of you have beer for breakfast?
Every time I'm at an airport in the morning.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why though? Never understood the need to drink before flying.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

That seems to be the only time Brits will drink beer in the morning, save for the genuine chavtastic alcoholics back in the UK.

But even I'm surprised by walking through Munich in the morning and seeing perfectly normal Germans having beer with their breafkast
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:33 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Helps me sleep on the plane and calm the nerves. I will be drinking Friday 6am in Skybar!!!!!!

Also, i wont drink until i've decided i wont work out on that particularly day. If i drink i've finished working out or given up on the idea of working out that day.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I only ever have 2 or 3 max. Otherwise end up needing to piss too much and when I'm in my seat I want to just stay there and not move.

But, it's tradition. Airport beers are not something to understand, they're something to enjoy.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
But even I'm surprised by walking through Munich in the morning and seeing perfectly normal Germans having beer with their breafkast
That's just mental.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:43 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
ugh!!
I once downed a full bottle of ouzo (one go on a dare) in college and needless to say that was the worst night of my life, I was lucky to have good friends who took care of me
but atleast I didnt have to go to the hospital, another guy did the same thing next week and they had to flush his stomach out and alcohol poisoning and emergency call to his dad in Pakiland who came down the next day and walked into his dorm room which had a HUGE pyramid of J&B bottles just to show off haha! What a great day that was!

two things I can tell you for sure
1. If your kid can survive college these days, he/she is more smarter than you give them credit for
2. I never drank Ouzo again after that night, or arak, or ritzina or anything in that family
Arak is nasty stuff man , I feel I want to hurl just from the smell .
full bottle of Ouzo ... damn ! that's some guts

here are some of my shameful drunk as a skunk moments : -

back in the day , I drank about 3/4 of JW Red label , neat , and I was only eating peanuts , I blanked out , then I was stuck in a vicious circle of projectile vomiting all over myself and getting back to sleep . I didn't touch JW red ever again .

I was in a bar , drank about 5 or 6 pints of Stella then ordered a bottle of white wine , I drank almost half of it then I was throwing up all over myself in front of everybody there , I had to go back the next day to tip the waitress who cleaned after me .

Once I was in a bar for Steak and wine , had a full bottle of red then ordered 4 additional glasses , this time, I made it to the toilet and vomited all over the seat , I remember my vomit had a very pleasing red color .

one positive aspect to projectile vomiting is that you don't get a hangover the next day .
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leannmean
one positive aspect to projectile vomiting is that you don't get a hangover the next day .
Yeah, but your head must hurt from being repeatedly punched for being a twat, surely.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 10:52 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I was so drunk once from gin, i vomited in my washing machine thinking it was my toilet. They were in different rooms. ..
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
Helps me sleep on the plane and calm the nerves.
ah, bless you iggs and your heebie jeebies.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

When I am away travelling I will quite happily drink in the morning..... after years of working days, nights and in different time zones by body doesn't care also I enjoy a good boozey daytime buzz. I'm not talking about getting hammered, just enjoying some beers in the sun.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I only drink Champagne when i fly as it's free
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I only drink Champagne when i fly as it's free
That, my friend, is because you've made it.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Because you can - in the same way 2014 Ramadan, I was living in Al Hamra, the yacht club bar opens at 6am, at 7am I was sat outside with a bacon (yes, propoer pork bacon) sarnie and a pint of Stella, not because I necessarily wanted Wifebeater, but because I could. In the UAE, In Ramadan.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leannmean
Arak is nasty stuff man , I feel I want to hurl just from the smell .
full bottle of Ouzo ... damn ! that's some guts

here are some of my shameful drunk as a skunk moments : -

back in the day , I drank about 3/4 of JW Red label , neat , and I was only eating peanuts , I blanked out , then I was stuck in a vicious circle of projectile vomiting all over myself and getting back to sleep . I didn't touch JW red ever again .

I was in a bar , drank about 5 or 6 pints of Stella then ordered a bottle of white wine , I drank almost half of it then I was throwing up all over myself in front of everybody there , I had to go back the next day to tip the waitress who cleaned after me .

Once I was in a bar for Steak and wine , had a full bottle of red then ordered 4 additional glasses , this time, I made it to the toilet and vomited all over the seat , I remember my vomit had a very pleasing red color .

Such a lightweight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.