How messed up is that?

Old Sep 11th 2009, 7:42 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default How messed up is that?

Gwent police and a Welsh school produce a graphic advert about the dangers of texting while driving which goes off the chart on youtube across the world.

I've tried 6 different links which have all been blocked by Etisalat. FFS! I know it's graphic but it might just help the fewkwits here understand the dangers.

Anyone seen it? Got a link they can share?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 7:52 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How messed up is that?

Originally Posted by Roadking
Gwent police and a Welsh school produce a graphic advert about the dangers of texting while driving which goes off the chart on youtube across the world.

I've tried 6 different links which have all been blocked by Etisalat. FFS! I know it's graphic but it might just help the fewkwits here understand the dangers.

Found one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ukd...eature=related

Watch it if you haven't seen it and make sure all teenage drivers watch it!
Old Sep 11th 2009, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Powerful stuff, although if I wanted to be ultra-critical, I'd say it comes across a bit too much like a Holby City type of drama thing.

Very graphic though, and the message is clear..........
Old Sep 12th 2009, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

They have a series of very graphic roads accident ads in Australia - they have a similar one with kids on mobiles. There was one in particular I couldn't watch and used to turn the tv over when it was on. I had friend's over for a coffee one morning and the guy was a firey - we turned on the tv to watch a dvd they'd brought over and that particular ad was on and I said how much it spooked me. He said that he went to accident's most days - fire fighting was actually very seldom one of his duties and he said the ad's on tv may be shocking, but are nowhere near as horrific as actual accident scenes. He said it's worse when it's a friend of family member for one of the officers.

Driving here with all the unbuckled kids, d*ckheads swerving in and out of traffic doing 140km an hour whilst speaking on their mobiles, makes me feel physically ill at times. I avoid taking my kids on busy roads as much as possible and tend to take the calmer routes even if it takes me fifteen minutes more to get there.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

wow, that is so powerful, everyone should watch it, not just teenagers...the bit with the toddler asking for her mummy and daddy to wake up is just awful...

MM, xx
Old Sep 12th 2009, 1:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The PSA advert?

Yeah, pretty impressive stuff...needs to be shown in the US too, standard of driving is pretty horrid here as well.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Brilliant video, it should be part of the driving lessons here. Will they evey show it, I doubt it :-(
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Forward it to all the local papers? Some of them might put it on their websites......
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Will do shag
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:16 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

have a look at the Dubai police website...under the 'oh mindly people consider' header...

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/eng...&mainlayid=481
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:28 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

and at this...

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/eng...480&ItemType=4

happy Arab family wiped away by texting Arabs...also from the Police website
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Some people in this world still expect me to text, and without a typo, when I'm driving on the highway...
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:40 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
and at this...

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/eng...480&ItemType=4

happy Arab family wiped away by texting Arabs...also from the Police website
I didn't know they made them here...are they shown on TV?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:44 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by MacScot
no idea...I just happened to see it when I was searching their site...
thought it was quite funny to see them having the stereo type Arabs causing the accident...
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:48 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by MacScot
That's the first time I've seen them. Should be made into TV adverts, better than the RTA dummy campaign recently. Anything that gets the message across. UAE has one of the highest death rates in the world due to traffic accidents.

Preaching over!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.