British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   How To Meet A Man at 40......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-meet-man-40-a-583422/)

The Dean Jan 11th 2009 5:53 pm

How To Meet A Man at 40.........

........... according to The Times..........

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle5418730.ece

Meow Jan 12th 2009 9:05 am

Re: How To Meet A Man at 40.........

It is written by Shame Watson so it is bound be a crap article.

40 is hardly over the hill these days (or so I am told) and the way to meet potential partners is simply to get off your arse and go to places where there are people to meet.

-

twinkle-star Jan 12th 2009 9:57 am

Oh thats sooo funny ....Well its obviously easy to meet a minger isnt it??
I mean there are hundreds of odd balls floating around ..:lol:
I like the attitude... Oh dont worry if he is bald fat ugly wears a tank top ..just go for it and you will have a man ...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yippeeee now i know where i have been going wrong all this time ....I'm just too fussy....:blink:

admon Jan 12th 2009 10:02 am

in my experience, most people I know that have been single for a long period of time between the ages of 35-45 are a bit strange, or have ideals well above their station.

UAE can be a bit of an exception - for men, but for women, no excuse really.

Fuse.. check
touchpaper... check
matches.... check
ok here we go..

Meow Jan 12th 2009 10:41 am

Admon I am going to agree with you (even if this is becoming a disturbing habit).

I have met too many single people who want a perfect partner but have forgotten to a) consider what they have to offer and b) look in the mirror. It is all very well wanting a handsome, charming and wealthy man, but what are you offering in return? This may sound like I am letting some some supposed sisterhood, but IMO too many women expect to be supported financially when they are perfectly capable to earning themselves. Likewise too many men think they are god's gift and act like arrogant neanderthals.

Frankly some people deserve to be single.

-

BangleMan Jan 12th 2009 10:54 am

[QUOTE=admon;7155664]in my experience, most people I know that have been single for a long period of time between the ages of 35-45 are a bit strange QUOTE)

no need to be abusive towards any of them though just because they didnt want you !

BangleMan Jan 12th 2009 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7155815)
Admon I am going to agree with you (even if this is becoming a disturbing habit).

I have met too many single people who want a perfect partner but have forgotten to a) consider what they have to offer and b) look in the mirror. It is all very well wanting a handsome, charming and wealthy man, but what are you offering in return? This may sound like I am letting some some supposed sisterhood, but IMO too many women expect to be supported financially when they are perfectly capable to earning themselves. Likewise too many men think they are god's gift and act like arrogant neanderthals.

-

Deserve to be single ?

Maybe they choose to be single....its preferable I guess, but certainly not obligatory to have to have a partner !

DaWarrior Jan 12th 2009 10:59 am

They say 40 is the new 30...

Meow Jan 12th 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7155884)
Deserve to be single ?

Maybe they choose to be single....its preferable I guess, but certainly not obligatory to have to have a partner !

And where did I say that it is? :rolleyes:

The discussion is about meeting people.

-

BangleMan Jan 12th 2009 11:02 am

I have met too many single people who want a perfect partner but have forgotten to a) consider what they have to offer and b) look in the mirror. It is all very well wanting a handsome, charming, wealthy , but what are you offering in return? This may sound like I am letting some some supposed sisterhood, but IMO too many women expect to be supported financially when they are perfectly capable to earning themselves. Likewise too many men think they are god's gift and act like arrogant neanderthals.

-

I must be every woman's dream ! :rofl::rofl:

Meow Jan 12th 2009 11:06 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7155916)

Disqualified for arrogance ;)

You have to be witty, intelligent, educated, empathic and hung like a donkey as well!

-

MataHari Jan 12th 2009 11:07 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7155916)

and so the board went very quiet...

BangleMan Jan 12th 2009 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7155907)
And where did I say that it is? :rolleyes:

The discussion is about meeting people.

-

Your reference "they deserve to be single" implies to me that it is something taboo or is a unhappy state to be in does it not ?

I dont agree

I know several men & women who are only too pleased to be away from their former partners and are enjoying being on their own, and several people who wish daily they could be away from their partners and on their own

BangleMan Jan 12th 2009 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7155929)
Disqualified for arrogance ;)

You have to be witty, intelligent, educated, empathic and hung like a donkey as well!

-

Thank god you didnt mention one of my bad points...:p

Grace O Malley Jan 12th 2009 11:13 am

-

There is a very amusing programme on BBC lifestyle at the mo about a nearing 40 single woman in london have you seen it?