Reload this Page >

How many traffic tickets do you get in a year

How many traffic tickets do you get in a year

Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many traffic tickets do you get in a year

Sigh.

Got another one the other day. 600 AED for exceeding by 20-30 km on Nad al Hamar street just before the airport tunnel. It pissed me off to no end because I'm generally a careful driver and take good care not to exceed the speed limit by more than 5 km. At this particular stretch I was doing the exact same speed as the traffic flow and which is the exact same speed I do every single day.

Since coming here in January 2008 I've had two speeding tickets in Dubai, one in AD, one ticket for light lane infringement, one for not wearing a seatbelt (bullshit) and three parking violations. Before I came out here my record was perfect.

What about you?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many traffic tickets do you get in a year

None for the first three years in AD then 1 or 2 a year for the next three.

This is me and wife and she does floor it when running late.

I've also got, thanks to an admin error on Police's behalf, a fine of 400 dirhams for illegal mods to a certain Mansoor Muhammad's car. Obviously nowt to do with me (caucasian westerner despite BE username) and the traffic police accept this but can they remove the fine from my file to allow me to re-register the car...can they f***. Been sent from one place to another (two buildings in Muroor then onto Traffic dept). Stock answer - 'Go to...' Wasted about three hours of my time so far. W*****s

Haven't tested the water in Riyadh yet...to my knowing
Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

None in the five years I've been driving (approx. 25,000kms per year) here in Dubai and environs, although I've been the victim of two minor bumps. Not even a parking fine, touch wood.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok not driving here I can't comment - however back in the uk- one speeding ticket every 2 years ish, however parking tickets/parking incorrectly/stopping on red route tickets/fines etc went up to about 10 a year! they have put cameras bloody everywhere in London- and they have a very accurate zoom for about 500 yards- teeny tiny cameras that you cant spot. And they are 70-100 quid fines! not nice! You cant fart without someone knowing about it! (not that I fart as I'm a lady!).

Always worth appealing though on average I would get 1 out of 4 overthrown!

However you get mugged and there is nothing the police can do to help! grr
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I ... take good care not to exceed the speed limit by more than 5 km. At this particular stretch I was doing ... the exact same speed I do every single day.
Err, that doesn't tie up.

Anyway, Speeding: I got about 8 in the first year I was here (totalling about AED5k), a couple last year, and--touch wood-none so far this year.
Parking: 2 so far, most recent AED500 (ouch).

The number of cameras (especially average speed ones), patrol cars and unmarked police cars in Abu Dhabi has certainly altered my driving.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

none for years and years, then three in a week last year when the sneaky bastards hid a camera behind the bin on the empty road behind my house.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
none for years and years, then three in a week last year when the sneaky bastards hid a camera behind the bin on the empty road behind my house.
Yes, they are getting sneakier day by day. Nowadays I refuse to run the risk of driving to watch the footy at my usual haunt.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

None but did get a fine for me reversing out of my car parking space and the traffic was stopped as they wanted my space, only for another idiot who came up from the little side road, to try and get into the said space that I was reversing out of before the numerous other cars that were waiting to take the said space, you know its difficult to sneak in to a space when the car hasnt come out of it first!!!! and as per the rules of the road it was deemed my fault because I was the one reversing!!!

Last edited by busybee2; Mar 1st 2011 at 7:45 am.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

none this year...well, that i know of...

MM, xx
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
none this year...well, that i know of...

MM, xx
it's still early ..
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 2:54 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

None 2008, None 2009, 3 in 2010, 2 so far this year which is one for parking and one for doing a so called illegal U turn at lights that didnt have a NO U Turn sign, but according to the police if there isn't a sign saying you can do a U turn then you can't.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:31 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by rowell
None 2008, None 2009, 3 in 2010, 2 so far this year which is one for parking and one for doing a so called illegal U turn at lights that didnt have a NO U Turn sign, but according to the police if there isn't a sign saying you can do a U turn then you can't.
how bizarre! it sounds like that one was made up ! by them!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

In 17 years driving in the UK, not one and I drove way faster there than I do here. 2 in a week during the 3 years I've been here.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are mostly for parking.

I blame a street cleaner for one of them... I asked him if he knew if I could park in a certain plot of unused land and he said 'fine'. I took him at his word and got just that.

Lisa also got one for using her mobile phone whilst driving. So, for valentine's I got her a bluetooth headset.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Lisa also got one for using her mobile phone whilst driving. So, for valentine's I got her a bluetooth headset.
That could be the wisest decision of your life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.