5 or more
57.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

How long do you intend to stay in the Middle East

Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:29 pm
Banned

Check Please is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long do you intend to stay in the Middle East

I don't know where i'm going to retire to, but I know where i'm not.

I need Palm trees, an ocean (preferably the pacific) and an international airport nearby..Raratonga perhaps

No extradition treaties or agreements there
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Check Please
I don't know where i'm going to retire to, but I know where i'm not.

I need Palm trees, an ocean (preferably the pacific) and an international airport nearby..Raratonga perhaps

No extradition treaties or agreements there
You're beginning to sound like a bloke to whom the lack of extradition treaties and agreements is an important factor.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by OleJanx
You're beginning to sound like a bloke to whom the lack of extradition treaties and agreements is an important factor.
I would only be trying to avoid possible monetary judgments against me, not criminal. Parking tickets and back taxes..Nothing serious
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I would only be trying to avoid possible monetary judgments against me, not criminal. Parking tickets and back taxes..Nothing serious
Parking tickets?! Bloody hell...!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Parking tickets?! Bloody hell...!
They add up over a lifetime.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They add up over a lifetime.
Where did you get your driving licence? ( note I didn't say 'pass a test...')
Riyadh?
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:05 pm
Banned

I illegally parked almost everyday in two different cities for over 20 years..

I would just pull away and put on the wipers and the violation would fly away...With the advent of computers its coming back to haunt me now. Penalties and interest can really add up.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I illegally parked almost everyday in two different cities for over 20 years..

I would just pull away and put on the wipers and the violation would fly away...With the advent of computers its coming back to haunt me now. Penalties and interest can really add up.
He's The Gaffer (or a US version)...
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Parking tickets? If you are going back many years, you may get away with many of them - do a search for "London Borough of Barnet v Moses" and follow the various judgements etc from there........ illegally-worded penalty notices unenforceable etc...... I got away with quite a few.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by The Dean
Parking tickets? If you are going back many years, you may get away with many of them - do a search for "London Borough of Barnet v Moses" and follow the various judgements etc from there........ illegally-worded penalty notices unenforceable etc...... I got away with quite a few.
I don't lose too much sleep over those but I just want to live in a place where I know I can't be arrested unless it's for something I did there..
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

DrBert is an unknown quantity at this point

How long here, I reckon 2-3 years. Needs to be long enough to get the experience on the cv NAND to hopefully put some cash in the bank. Friends and family back home and although dbx isn't that far from home, I'm not sure I want to be away forever..
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DrBert
How long here, I reckon 2-3 years. Needs to be long enough to get the experience on the cv NAND to hopefully put some cash in the bank. Friends and family back home and although dbx isn't that far from home, I'm not sure I want to be away forever..
It's DXB...
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

ideally another 3 years. I've disliked it for the last 18months or so, however the money is OK, job is secure, and my wife is happy which is half the battle.