5 or more
57.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

How long do you intend to stay in the Middle East

Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:32 am
Account Closed

tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long do you intend to stay in the Middle East

im all for morris dancing...as long as its done professionally...nothing worse than amateur morris dancers :|
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Bognor Regis ?
Skegness? what are we doing..just listing awful places in the uk?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by tayls123
i know there's no utopia, and i'm not questioning your choice...im just interested to know, what makes the UK so appealing as opposed to the far east, central europe, US etc etc..
Thing that makes me not want to move further than the Middle East at the moment is that I can be at my old dears front door almost exactly 12 hours after leaving my place here.

I've got nieces and nephews and three sisters and mates that I don't want to lose touch with in the UK, so I will probably return there one day, just not yet.

The UK isn't great at the moment but no job anywhere in the world is completely safe, no economy is completely stable, no government is whiter than white, no scenery is better here or in Thailand or Yemen compared to the UK and vice versa. Each country is so unbelievably different that you'll have the pro's and con's for everywhere you work / live.

The difference with the UK is that you know the in's and out's of all the shite that's been there and will be there. It's easy to say there aren't any jobs in the UK but there are. Yes, David Cameron is a helmet but with PM's and MP's, it's a case of same shit different toilet.

I hate things about the UK, but I love it ultimately, it's got it's injustices and major faults but it's also a decent place to have been brought up and to live again in the future (as long as that teaboy Nick Clegg doesn't have too much of his own way).

I'll stay here until I have enough for property in the UK, then I'll decide what to do from there.

But as it's been said - each to their own pal, I just don't see fit to write off the UK as a non option.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scamp
But as it's been said - each to their own pal, I just don't see fit to write off the UK as a non option.
if they can crack how to make a decent loaf of bread over here...think i'll be sold for life.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

if they can crack how to make a decent loaf of bread over here...think i'll be sold for life.
Good point. I worry more about the lack of decent cheddar.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scamp
Good point. I worry more about the lack of decent cheddar.
zero chance of that. that can't make any decent dairy products over here. i got talking to a fella from dublin one day in a bar in Le Meridian who was out here as a 'dairy consultant' to Al Ain farms. He said its all to do with what they feed the cows...some mass produced version of grass thats not quite right because of the heat or something like that...

decent bread and milk are probably the two things i miss the most about the UK
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:54 am
Account Closed

zero chance of that. that can't make any decent dairy products over here. i got talking to a fella from dublin one day in a bar in Le Meridian who was out here as a 'dairy consultant' to Al Ain farms. He said its all to do with what they feed the cows...some mass produced version of grass thats not quite right because of the heat or something like that...

decent bread and milk are probably the two things i miss the most about the UK
Meh. I don't let things like that bother me really. I just look at my bank account, chuckle, get a semi and carry on drinking the milk and eating baguettes.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:24 am
Account Closed

i wouldnt normally bother but such is the extent of my boredom on camp in saudi.

a greggs out here wouldnt go a miss either...
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

zero chance of that. that can't make any decent dairy products over here...
The imported Cheddar from New Zealand is just about bearable, not so sure about the Aussie version though. What I really miss is knowing exactly what is on TV at any one time. The schedules over here for the likes of ITV Granada, BBC Entertainment, MBC Action and Fox Series are invariably unreliable. The other morning I switched on at 7am to watch an advertised programme which eventually aired at 7.35am. The same show today started at 8am. Was hoping to watch Lewis on ITV today, but its only showing at 10am and 2pm, not repeated later in the evening and we don't have recording facilities. Grrrh!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
The imported Cheddar from New Zealand is just about bearable, not so sure about the Aussie version though. What I really miss is knowing exactly what is on TV at any one time. The schedules over here for the likes of ITV Granada, BBC Entertainment, MBC Action and Fox Series are invariably unreliable. The other morning I switched on at 7am to watch an advertised programme which eventually aired at 7.35am. The same show today started at 8am. Was hoping to watch Lewis on ITV today, but its only showing at 10am and 2pm, not repeated later in the evening and we don't have recording facilities. Grrrh!
just download it and watch anytime you like

on the original question, I've survived 9 years to date but have started to consider heading home recently
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:57 am
Account Closed

What I really miss is knowing exactly what is on TV at any one time.
this happens to me all the time. see something advertised, make an effort to watch it...miss it...then finally get to see it a week later...then it'll be on constant repeat for the next 2 weeks any time i switch the tv on.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

VPN (lamia works well for us) for £70 per year and download from BBC player. (mind not much but crap on the BBC but at least you can watch what you want when you want).

I download 2 or 3 programmes every night and if we definitely cannot think of anything else to do, i.e we have baked the bread for the week, then we watch them next day.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:31 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
VPN (lamia works well for us) for £70 per year and download from BBC player. (mind not much but crap on the BBC but at least you can watch what you want when you want).

I download 2 or 3 programmes every night and if we definitely cannot think of anything else to do, i.e we have baked the bread for the week, then we watch them next day.
= put the bun in the oven?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
just download it and watch anytime you like
On a 42 inch screen with sound surround?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 2:59 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

On a 42 inch screen with sound surround?
Yes, if you set your system up properly and know what you're doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.