How leftie are you?

Old Dec 18th 2013, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: How leftie are you?

93% right-wing
You're basically Alan Greenspan

The results are in! We reckon you're
55% naughty
Mischievous scamp.

How did they know it's my name eh?
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:20 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

The results are in! We reckon you're
52% leftie
You're basically Helen Lewis

I had to google her.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Lewis_(journalist)
She's 10 years younger than me though. Sob.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 4:36 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Any way you'd like it, oh unsure one.
hardly unsure, just I am convinced no one is 100% either way, it doesn't mean they are acting on it.

That show reminds of an actual program where a bunch of guys were put in a situation where they all had to try woo one girl, the winner being the one chosen by the girl. The catch was that none of them knew she was actually a pre-op transsexual.
It was hilarious to watch, as most of the guys were slimy pick up artist types. I think they all sued the program makers afterwards. There's something about Miriam it was called.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
hardly unsure, just I am convinced no one is 100% either way, it doesn't mean they are acting on it.

That show reminds of an actual program where a bunch of guys were put in a situation where they all had to try woo one girl, the winner being the one chosen by the girl. The catch was that none of them knew she was actually a pre-op transsexual.
It was hilarious to watch, as most of the guys were slimy pick up artist types. I think they all sued the program makers afterwards. There's something about Miriam it was called.
Oh, I loved this program. Here is the final scene..

Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
50% Leftie
You're basically Helen Lewis...
Ditto
Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:32 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sued? On what basis?
Old Dec 19th 2013, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Sued? On what basis?

They were [B][U]ALL cocks
Old Dec 19th 2013, 11:27 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Sued? On what basis?
According to Wikipedia They alleged conspiracy to commit sexual assault, defamation, breach of contract, and personal injury in the form of psychological and emotional damage.

I'd say whatever the case cost was probably well worth it for all the publicity the show got.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 11:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

According to Wikipedia They alleged conspiracy to commit sexual assault, defamation, breach of contract, and personal injury in the form of psychological and emotional damage.

I'd say whatever the case cost was probably well worth it for all the publicity the show got.
Sounds a bit gay to me.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:28 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds a bit gay to me.
What you just said sounds a bit homophobic. Dontcha think?
Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:57 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
What you just said sounds a bit homophobic. Dontcha think?
Nope. These were men who sued for psychological damage because the woman they tried to court was a transexual (or whatever). I used "gay" in its post-modern context: in my own words I'd say hypocritical and pathetic.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 4:32 pm
womble

"gay" in its post-modern context: in my own words I'd say hypocritical and pathetic.
using "gay" to say "hypocritical and pathetic" is homophobic, imho
Old Dec 20th 2013, 4:49 pm
Hit 16's

using "gay" to say "hypocritical and pathetic" is homophobic, imho
No, that's why I just qualified by saying it's the post-modern usage. I hate to use the Daily Mail as a source (but I can't be arsed to search deeper):

The word "gay" now means "lame" or "rubbish" among young people and need not be offensive to homosexuals, the BBC Board of Governors has ruled.

A complaint against Radio 1 presenter Chris Moyles after he dismissed a ring tone by saying "I don't want that one, it's gay", was rejected by a committee of the Board of Governors.

The word "gay", in addition to being used to mean "homosexual" or "carefree", was often now used to mean "lame" or "rubbish", the committee said in a ruling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aning-gay.html

Personally I object to the use of the word gay to mean homosexual, but hey ho.

But I will admit that I like playing with words :-)

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Dec 20th 2013 at 4:54 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 3:37 am
womble

I don't even know where to begin with all that.

using "gay" as a negative *is* homophobic, whatever the BBC or Daily Mail says.

as is using "lame" pejorative for disabled people
Old Dec 21st 2013, 4:01 am
Knee deep and rising

I don't even know where to begin with all that.

using "gay" as a negative *is* homophobic, whatever the BBC or Daily Mail says.

as is using "lame" pejorative for disabled people
I think you are going out of your way to be offended on behalf of other people, unless you are homosexual yourself.

What about us poor guys who cannot use the word gay to describe being happy? Should I be upset because that meaning of the word has been hijacked?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.