Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How is this going to work? Dry night with F1 gig....

How is this going to work? Dry night with F1 gig....

Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:40 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How is this going to work? Dry night with F1 gig....

After the F1 concert discussions on here I just wondered...

It would appear that at one of the F1 gigs will fall on a dry night... (I think the image above, the Lush Index may be 1 day ahead of the actual date, bear in mind the dry night is the night before)

Pretty sure the dry night will be Sat or Sunday...

I'm not super fussed if it is dry, more really curious as to how they will deal with this...
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:14 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How is this going to work? Dry night with F1 gig....

They'll either change the date or make the complex a free zone type duty free place.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 9:11 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix View Post
They'll either change the date or make the complex a free zone type duty free place.
I don't think the first option has happened before - they do change the holiday for workers (i.e. us) but not the dry part as that's connected to the religious part, which clearly doesn't move... your second point is maybe possible, I guess...
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

They will say that it is an international event and carry on. That happened a few years ago when The Dubai World Cup fell on a dry day.
Shk. Mo. said that it was an international sporting event and therefore didn't count. All bars were open from 2pm onwards.