how to get married

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default how to get married

and no i am not getting married.
A friend messaged me last night about a friend of hers who wants to get married in Dubai.
The guy is a UAE resident and the woman is a british national. Both muslims. They have searched online but apparently it's very confusing. If anyone knows what is required to get married in Dubai, I would as ever, appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to get married

Originally Posted by mission
and no i am not getting married.
A friend messaged me last night about a friend of hers who wants to get married in Dubai.
The guy is a UAE resident and the woman is a british national. Both muslims. They have searched online but apparently it's very confusing. If anyone knows what is required to get married in Dubai, I would as ever, appreciate your help.
Thanks.
It’s easy. You fly to the seyshells and do it there. Much simpler.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
It’s easy. You fly to the seyshells and do it there. Much simpler.
Is that near the Seychelles?

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Is that near the Seychelles?

Had to put it in a way mission would get it.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hahahahhahahahaha. Brilliant.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/Article...egory=Citizens

However if the bridegroom is not from the UK but the bride is from the UK then I would go to the UK and get married there.

When I married my wife getting her a spouse visa was a nightmare as we didn't marry in the UK..
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 2:48 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai courts
there are some form of 'typing' people there as well I believe, otherwise just ask any reputable typing to make you a set of documents and then get a time and a date from the judge
I was the witness for sister in laws wedding here, was fairly simple really...apart from the fact that I had to get up at the Peasant time of 8 AM
Dont think I would get up at that ungodly hour for my own wedding...not that I need one
and oh yeah Mission....'asking for a friend eh?'.....riiiiiiiiiiiight
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hahahahhahahahaha. Brilliant.
you pair of p*ss-takers lol

Originally Posted by UKCityGent

However if the bridegroom is not from the UK but the bride is from the UK then I would go to the UK and get married there.

When I married my wife getting her a spouse visa was a nightmare as we didn't marry in the UK..
Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Dubai courts
there are some form of 'typing' people there as well I believe, otherwise just ask any reputable typing to make you a set of documents and then get a time and a date from the judge
I was the witness for sister in laws wedding here, was fairly simple really...apart from the fact that I had to get up at the Peasant time of 8 AM
Dont think I would get up at that ungodly hour for my own wedding...not that I need one
and oh yeah Mission....'asking for a friend eh?'.....riiiiiiiiiiiight
errr once bitten, twice shy
Old Jan 24th 2018, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

I got married at the courthouse in Abu Dhabi, neither of us are Muslim. There are a lot of hoops to jump through.

1. If the girls father is not attending the wedding then a letter is required from him to say it’s ok.
2. Get the letter attested.
3. Get the attested letter verified by your government
4. Get the attested and verified letter verified again by the UAE embassy in your home country
5. Get the letter translated
6. Get the letter stamped at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE
7. Get the letter stamped by the Judiciary in the UAE
8. Both get a pre marriage medical check and certificate
9. Go and see the judge to ask him to act on behalf of the woman’s father
10. Bring 3 Muslim men with you unless the woman is another faith then you’ll need 1 Muslim man and 1man representing her faith
11. Get married
12. Don’t forget the dowry like I did! I ended up getting my wife for the bargain price of 600 dirhams!!

Good luck
Old Jan 24th 2018, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent

Can't just go to the UK and get married.

If they couple do NOT want to live in the UK, the non Brit spouse still needs to get a Marriage VISITOR visa to marry in the UK.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234
I got married at the courthouse in Abu Dhabi, neither of us are Muslim. There are a lot of hoops to jump through.

1. If the girls father is not attending the wedding then a letter is required from him to say it’s ok.
4. Get the attested and verified letter verified again by the UAE embassy in your home country
10. Bring 3 Muslim men with you unless the woman is another faith then you’ll need 1 Muslim man and 1man representing her faith
11. Get married
12. Don’t forget the dowry like I did! I ended up getting my wife for the bargain price of 600 dirhams!!

Good luck
bl00dy nora
Old Jan 24th 2018, 10:04 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

11. Get married

Good luck
You hardly needed to type that out, it sounds like a pretty straightforward and intuitive procedure
Old Jan 24th 2018, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
What happens if daddy is dead?
Old Jan 24th 2018, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
What happens if daddy is dead?
Another male family member and a death certificate.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Mathguy is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.