British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   HOW EMBARRASSING (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/how-embarrassing-512188/)

MissDemeanor Feb 6th 2008 6:17 am

HOW EMBARRASSING

Last night chatting to my friend on the phone I was kindly reminded about a time where on a night out,I fell down a flight of stairs in a nightclub(sober).
The stairs led onto the dancefloor so I was guaranteed a large audience.If that wasnt bad enough,when I landed my skirt was wrapped around my waist giving everyone a prime view of my,lets say.."sheer" knickers. Not one of my finer moments!

Who can top that?! Most embarrassing moment?

MataHari Feb 6th 2008 8:11 am

Re: HOW EMBARRASSING

mine is yet to come...although some might say it's every Mondaynight...

MissDemeanor Feb 6th 2008 8:12 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5892870)
mine is yet to come...although some might say it's every Mondaynight...

Chicken.

MataHari Feb 6th 2008 8:22 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 5892878)
Chicken.

oh no...never had an embarrissing moment with a chicken...thankfully

MissDemeanor Feb 6th 2008 8:33 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5892913)
oh no...never had an embarrissing moment with a chicken...thankfully

I dont believe that for a moment!:D

lionheart Feb 6th 2008 11:05 am

My most memorable moment was rescuing two damsels from a car stuck in deep mud in the middle of Tsavo West National Park, Kenya with a pride of lions only 25 meters away...it was embarrassing firstly because I was the careless driver and secondly because I was only told about the proximity of the lions AFTER I had trekked nearly a kilometer through the savannah grass to locate a park ranger to help pull the car out...he thought I was amazingly brave rather than stupid, which was much nearer the truth.

MacScot Feb 6th 2008 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 5892516)
.....embarrassing moment?

Can't beat your story; however, my only embarrassing moment was a minor one.

I was talking with a Welshman fisherman in a pub and he was going on about Butch Cassidy (well in my mind anyway) so I piped in with something about the Sundance Kid. He then enquired what on earth I was talking about.

He was actually talking about 'beach casting' which to me, with his strong Welsh accent, sounded like Butch Cassidy. The film was showing at the local cinemas at the time.

There are a few howlers at:
http://www.mostembarrassingmoment.com/forum

Coxy the Bear Feb 6th 2008 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 5892516)
Last night chatting to my friend on the phone I was kindly reminded about a time where on a night out,I fell down a flight of stairs in a nightclub(sober).
The stairs led onto the dancefloor so I was guaranteed a large audience.If that wasnt bad enough,when I landed my skirt was wrapped around my waist giving everyone a prime view of my,lets say.."sheer" knickers. Not one of my finer moments!

Who can top that?! Most embarrassing moment?

You know what they say.........

THIS STORY IS POINTLESS WITHOUT PHOTOS!

MissDemeanor Feb 6th 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear (Post 5894045)

The nightclub photographer did offer......damn,how I wish I had taken him up on his offer.:sneaky:

Coxy the Bear Feb 6th 2008 1:07 pm

Could have been a YouTube moment! Speaking of that, I've just put a clip of a friend of mine taken from his work CCTV. He was serving a customer and hit his funny bone. Feeling a little queasy, walks towards a chair and then just keels straight over, out cold! Facebook has been deluged with it now!

Ray Feb 6th 2008 5:47 pm

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear (Post 5894045)

Here's a couple